Any native English-speakers in Saarbrücken?

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I'm 21 and a native English speaker. I have lived in Saarbrücken for some time now and am currently doing my bachelors degree. I would love to meet more native speakers so that I don't forget my English! Also just to hang out and spend some time, since I find it rather boring here :P

hi there!!

i dont know if i have to be a native speaker or not, i am studying masters in saarbrucken tho it is just my second semester so still dont know many people here. If your still up for meeting it would be nice to get to know one more english speaker here.

Hi, i am also not native speaker but like to know new friends if it possible.: ) just changed my work to saarbruecken in March so it would be nice to have any meeting with you. 

There's the English Stammtisch at the Coyote Cafe at 7pm on Wednesdays, if you want to meet people who want to speak English with you.  This next Wednesday is the day before Fronleichnam, so I suspect there won't be many people there (long weekend effect), but the week after, maybe...

I am an American living in Saarland for the 3rd time now.  I play music with a couple of people and am usually out in the Nauwieser or at the Irish Pub on the weekends.  There used to be many more English speaking expats here 10 years ago, but except for students at the Uni, are long gone.  I am always happy to meet fellow expats and connect.

Hey there, I am not in SB but closer to Kusel and would have no problem driving up there at any given time.  My roots are complicated but regardless, my first language is English.  jimjames, if you are playing in the near future let me know as I will head out and support.

Maria,

I will let you know about any gigs. The band is new, but I've played with these guys previously so it shouldn't take much work to get ready. 

Jimi

I am an Irish guy managing an Irish Pub in Saarlouis anyone looking for new adventures and a friendly workplace in the heart of this beautiful little town we would love to hear from you at the Irish Pub Saarlouis ☘️🍺