Germanwings Flight 9525 crashes in French Alps

520 posts in this topic

It`s not known as the Daily Fail for no reason .. just saying

It`s not known as the Daily Fail for no reason .. just saying

Everything you read in the Daily Fail should be double checked in a serious newspaper. They thrive on sensation and scandal. Just look at the way they first reported the Bild story on what the girlfriend said. The simple quote by Bild that he would "do something to change the system and his name would be remembered", was altered by DM to "he would do something heinous".

Clickbait! Ka-ching!

Daily Mail is a fun read. Life doesn't have to be depressing.

Hell, no. Time for a FUN story about the co-pilot sticking a plane into a mountain.

(in your previous post, you claimed it must be true if they printed it. Rather a different angle).

Rueapehu, if it's okay with you, my life goes on and I am not going to cut my wrists over this one. If the airline industry is stupid enough to invent something like this security door then expect more to come. Daily Mail printing the truth or not is the least of my worries.

Says it all really when the Daily Mail's source is often quoted as the Bild.

I have no issue with someone saying their life goes on and they don't want to put too much energy into thinking about a catastrophe...

I just don't quite understand why the same person would then still go to the trouble of digging up and posting the latest sensations surrounding that same catastrophe...

Of course you don't understand that is obvious and isn't my fault. I am sure there is someone that can help you with this.

Daily Mail is a fun read. Life doesn't have to be depressing.

So is The Beano, but I wouldnt be reading that for in depth balanced reporting on world affairs either. The Mail (aka Fail, Daily Heil and various other names) is a sensationalist entertainment source which, even more than other media, seeks shock over fact. Think of it as the dead tree version of Fox News.

There you go zweibelfisch you can let them know what you think of them here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

Let us know how you get on.

They know very well what everyone thinks of them, it is a business decision. They are the way they are because despite what people say they love scandal and gossip.

The only problem is that some people apparently think it is investigative journalism!

Edit, dont think Im being all holier than thou. I have myself read the mail plenty of times (mostly on airplanes as they often dish it out free), it is good entertainment. But it isnt reliable news.

Frankly, given the choice, I`d rather walk barefoot over broken glass than read the Daily Fail - it doesn't even deserve the title of a Rag. It`s about as much fun as hemorrhoids.

"bild" is a shit newspaper, but due to their money and contacts they have access to a lot of sources. When you want to sell information, where do you go? I read in the Guardian when they quoted !Bild" as a source something to the effect of "Bild is often, but not always reliable"

What I wanted to say was that the Guardian said that Bild was often reliable. I'd underline "often" if I could find out how to do it.

What I wanted to say was that the Guardian said that Bild was often reliable. I'd underline "often" if I could find out how to do it.