Germanwings Flight 9525 crashes in French Alps

520 posts in this topic

I'm not saying it's important to know his name, I was just perplexed by this issue being so hotly discussed, perhaps more so than simply showing sympathy for the lives lost.. But anyway, fully agree there's no point speculating

Speaking of horrible journalisim...

is it REALLY necessary to have an "Industry Expert" demonstrate in a flight simulator exactly how easy it was to lock out the captain and set the auto-pilot to crash into the alps, with the ad neauseum commentary and realistic alarms going off in the background, "WOOP WOOP TERRAIN, PULL UP!! PULL UP!!!"

The only thing lacking in these insensitive reports (CNN, FOX, BBC) is simulating breaking the door in with ax so we can all relive the panic and horror. Disgusting :angry:

I also find N24 ill-timed to be showing the "Worst Air Disasters of All Time" and Air Investigation documentaries.

is simulating breaking the door in with ax so we can all relive the panic and horror.

An Axe is inside the cockpit (not in the cabin).

I also find N24 ill-timed to be showing the "Worst Air Disasters of All Time" and Air Investigation documentaries.

Its probably deliberate.

Just like when someone falls off a ladder in an atomic power station they show the "Manhatten Project" for the nth time.

I'm not saying it's important to know his name, I was just perplexed by this issue being so hotly discussed, perhaps more so than simply showing sympathy for the lives lost.. But anyway, fully agree there's no point speculating

Reading those comments under Spiegel and Bild articles is probably a guaranteed way to perplexment.

An Axe is inside the cockpit (not in the cabin).

Ax is also, ahem, axeptable in American English.

For some reason I can't stop thinking about what happened this week with all those people on that plane.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to do some diversion activites to calm my sorrow that another human-being could do something so horrific to other people.

I'm unplugging from this thread and TT for a few days.

Anyway, we've been talking about the co-pilot. The last thing I'm ever going to say about him on this thread is he was psychopathic and what he did was pure evil.

But I'd like to digress from him. How many of you have ever been on a flight and there's been really mean people that make you wonder have they lost their mind? There's probably a thread somewhere started by jeremy on this very topic, =1&view_by_title=1"]out of the 915 threads he's started, there's bound to be one.

Last year, I was on a transatlantic flight from Frankfurt to the States sitting in coach on an aisle seat and the man in front of me had his seat back.

Twenty minutes into the flight the lady beside me asked me to get up because nature was calling. I was a few pounds heavier than I am now and the passage was narrow to get up and although I tried I couldn't get up without disturbing the man in front of me to move his seat up.

So I politely asked the man in front of me, who appeared to be in his early 30's, if he would move his seat up so I could get up and he looked at me and said as a matter of fact "don't expect me to let my seat up every time you need to get up!". I looked at him straight in his eyes and reflexively said " don't act like a fucking asshole!!"

He immediately raised his seat up and I got up to let the lady out and he got up too at the same time. I"m thinking now I got to fight this motherfucker too. When he got up he walked right passed me to the nearest flight attendant and reported me for using profanity at him.

Several flight attendants immediately came over and asked me what happened. I told them what happened and then looked at him and said emphatically "if you're going to act like an idiot I'm calling you one. I then asked the flight attendant if I could pay for an upgrade to first class, unfortunately it was full.

The flight attendants did a good job with quickly deescalating the situation and clearly they were well trained in doing this. They immediately gave me a bulkhead seat on the isle in a different part of the plane from the dude and they gave me a little flight pack from first class for my troubles and they were very apologetic that I was subjected to this nonsense.

All the flight attendants agreed his behavior was completely out of line. I felt justified in telling him what I did because I was irate that he would say something so stupid to me and be all serious about it and believe what he was saying was actually what was going to happen on that flight.

When he said it, I really thought he had lost his mind.

Well, you have nuts on a plane and according to Samuel L Jackson there are also snakes. I would determine which would be the least of a threat.

I knew one of my detractors and jeremy sympathizers would make a comment like this.

What I told him he knew I wasn't playing with him and what I told him he knew he was talking to the wrong person.

When I'm in public, I don't bother other people and I don't want to be fucked with regardless of what you may think about what happened.

There were two people sitting beside me and every time they needed to get up I needed to get up and he had to move his seat.

I knew one of my detractors and jeremy sympathizers would make a comment like this.

Pretty thick are we? Please stay on point. Yes, I was forced to alter based on your stupid off the wall comment, trying to put a slight amount of humour. Whatevah. Let's not lose focus on 149 souls that were murdered for absolutely no reason. Who give's a flying fuck about some asshole not moving his seat. Life has bigger fish to fry than that bullshit.

Jim.. I think She was trying to point out or admit that its not only the Pilot with mental health and agression issues... She was trying to explain just how rude,Short tempered and agressive she can become whilst on a Plane...

Just sayin...

Not in the least surprised to read In the press that the co-pilot was struggling with the fact he was secretly gay. I thought this kind of rubbish could be bandied around a few days ago and here it is. The press are having a field day though virtually none of these accusations can ever be proved and are simply irrelevant. Depression, being secretly gay or having relationship difficulties don't make anyone a mass murderer. I still strongly feel this man is a scapegoat. A possible convenient, far too quick an explanation without any possible real proof. A question to all you experts...from the MH370 mystery and tragedy, weren't we clearly told in the press that the black boxes have some kind of radar in order to be detected? Hence deep sea trawling before the radar expires in the case of MH370. Where is this one? Sure I heard a snippet of news about the latest crash that it had been found though the box was empty...might have been misunderstood in my translation.

from the MH370 mystery and tragedy, weren't we clearly told in the press that the black boxes have some kind of radar in order to be detected? Hence deep sea trawling before the radar expires in the case of MH370. Where is this one? Sure I heard a snippet of news about the latest crash that it had been found though the box was empty...might have been misunderstood in my translation.

Not Radar, it`s a SONAR pinger which starts working/transmitting on contact with water (assuming it`s not damaged ) Fully charged, it`s supposed to last 30 days I believe.

Thanks for that info Mr G, so on land there's no detectability.

He's not being made a scapegoat. The plane was observed flying in a controlled manner into the ground. So it was crashed purposely by whomever was in the cockpit. And the voice recording tells us that he was in the cockpit, and the pilot was locked out, and trying to get back in to save the plane.

It is an accepted fact that Andreas Lubitz deliberately crashed the plane killing himself and all on board. We can speculate why.

Maybe he was psychotic and believed the passengers were all demons and he was saving the world from them. Maybe he thought he was in the simulator and a simulated crash would be jolly good fun. Maybe he wanted his name to be remembered.

There is no comparison to MH370. The transponder was disabled and the plane went off course, so it wasn't tracked. We don't know where it went down, and haven't recovered the black boxes. This flight we know exactly where it went down, and have recovered the cockpit voice recorder telling us that Andreas Lubitz deliberately crashed the plane. The other black box with flight data has probably been recovered by now. It might be damaged and they're trying to restore it, or are already analyzing the data. Which will take weeks and they'll keep their mouths shut until that analysis is done.

Bottom line is there's no mystery as to why the flight crashed. Just a mystery as to why the copilot dunnit.

Thanks for that info Mr G, so on land there's no detectability.

The CVR ( Cockpit Voice Recorder ) has already been found, that`s what they are basing everything upon.

According to PresidentHollande, the casing of the Flight Data Recorder has also been found but missing the memory card, this, ( as far as I know ) hasn't been confirmed yet.

If you look at this pic of the CVR, the sonar pinger is the tube on the left of the box

I am pissed at the media coverage on this story.

The focus should be on the victims. The families who want to speak up should get the air time, to tell us about their loved one, their story. If I lost someone, my head would be spinning already, I would feel lost. The last thing I would want is to hear more spinning speculations about the possible cause. I would need to hold on to hard facts or hard truths, and the only certainty out there is that a bunch of people lost their lives too soon. The focus should be on the victims and their stories. I don't want to hear speculations, I rather wait for the official report 8 months down the line than hear a new story every 3 hours.