Selling a car to webuyanycar, wirkaufendeinauto.de

37 posts in this topic

Good morning to all,

I am looking to sell our two cars, i came across this website and just wondered has anyone used these people before www.wirkaufendeinauto.de

Did you get a good price for your car?

Was it a good experience and so on?

I will have a 130 mile drive to my nearest garage so is it worth it and the train ride home?

Thanks for any answers that follow.

Best to do your research and sell it privately, because these guys, like the ones who leave those fucking business cards under your wipers or stuck into the window, will low-ball you like there's no tomorrow.

these type of places look on auto24.de to see how much a car like yours would sale for and then offer about 25% or less for it. What type of cars are you trying to sell?

Has anyone any experience of selling a RHD car on wirkaufendeinauto.de?

On their website, the valuation was really good (3000€. More if the spec is higher than standard which it is) though I'm sure in reality, it'll be much less.  It's a 2001 MB so guess it would be sold as parts. A local dealer reckoned RHDs are around 10-15% less. Another dealer has offered me 500€ part ex.  MB reckoned it to be around 1500€ if sold to a parts dealer. 

I'm also getting shot of my English registered car. I couldn't see the option on wirkaufendeinauto to state that it's an RHD car, and their valuations seem to assume it is a German registered vehicle (Scheckheft Pflegung etc), and will not pay you the price quoted on that basis. From my experience over the past couple of weeks, the idea that RHD cars are only 10-15% less is way off. Most garages I've spoken to (even the ones with big "We'll buy anything" signs) don't want to touch anything with the steering wheel on right side, or will just give you a nominal €100-£€150. A local firm has offered €400 for my 2006 Citroen Berlingo including collection, which sadly seems a decent market price around here (NRW) - that's why I was offering it in exchange for some beer to any TTers who could give it a good home!

You didn't say which Merc you're driving, but 2001 is right at the worst of the US ownership years, so I'm guessing rust will be quite a problem - those few years really don't command much resale value (I picked up a 2001 Slk for £1k last year with full MOT and only 90k on the clock). I would try to beat up on the part-ex offer and see if you can get him nearer the €1k mark (particularly if it has reasonable tyres).

14 minutes ago, dstanners said:

(I picked up a 2001 Slk for £1k last year with full MOT and only 90k on the clock).

That's almost certainly been manipulated. Did they tell you it was owned by a little old lady who only drove it to church on Sundays?

I read a whole bunch of reviews when getting rid of my old Golf and wirkaufendeinauto.de got incredibly bad ones. I ended up selling it to one of those guys who leaves business cards on the windscreed while you are at the supermarket. 

No idea what to do with a RHD vehicle though 

Thank you for the advice. 

I'd kept a few of those cards and my husband had a couple of bizarre conversations. At the mention of RHD, they put the phone down. 

The main dealer offered me 3% off the price of the car plus 500€ for mine. Their price does seem extremely competitive compared with anything similar elsewhere and it's only 3 and a bit years old with 20k km. And I get 1 year guarantee on parts and electricals.  I guess we might just go for that, we're both clueless about car buying...so wish my dad were here. Are TÜVs usually done as standard and price inclusive with main dealer sales?  

Well, we'll be off to wirkaufendeinauto this afternoon and see what they say. At least it's not far from us. Maybe lots of tyre kicking and umming and ahhing. I will report back 😊

@emkay We just sold a car to wirkaufendeinauto.de in November. It worked just great for us. The online estimate ended up being just a few hundred over the actual cash they gave us. Everything went smooth as glass. No complaints here.

33 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

@emkay We just sold a car to wirkaufendeinauto.de in November. It worked just great for us. The online estimate ended up being just a few hundred over the actual cash they gave us. Everything went smooth as glass. No complaints here.

Do they pay you in cash? Was your a RHD.

10 minutes ago, emkay said:

Do they pay you in cash? Was your a RHD.

Not an RHD. They pay by transfer. They handled, properly I might add, deregistering the car and all concomitant legal issues. We did the deal on a Friday night and the money was in our bank by Tuesday.

Following the above surprisingly positive review (although it is telling the car was not RHD), and an incredible 2.5k estimate for my old Berlingo, I gave wirkaufendeinauto a call. They refused to tell me whether the RHD car would be accepted, or what the price would be! Instead, they just said I'd have to take it to the local depot for them to have a look. If you've got one around the corner, it's worth a go, but the nearest one for me is 40km away. The only useful info I got from them was that you would need to take the "certificate of conformity" with you - you may have one if you have all of the original docs for the car, otherwise you'd need to call Mercedes in England to send you the certificate (I've done it once before and it took about two weeks).

AFAIK, they refuse every time to say if they will for sure buy the car. They did with us and this was a 2003 MX5 LHD that had always been registered in DE. They also gave us a list of things we had to bring that was as long as my arm. You just seriously show up with everything and a ride home.

I took my car to wirkaufendeinauto a few weeks ago. The online quote was 12900 euros, which seemed a good price to me, and quite in line with prices from private sellers on autoscout etc. I expected them to offer a little less when I got there. In the end the offer was 9000. Everything I had filled in about the car was correct, there were no scratches etc. When I asked about the quote they openly said they never pay near the online quote. 

So, be prepared for them to offer you about 30% less than the quote they gave you online. If that is too low for you, don't waste your time. 

Thank you for all the advice.

Well, we've just got back from wkda.  The first impression was a bit grim with over an hour wait.  But, the inspector was very thorough and friendly. He took over an hour to test drive, note all the info from the registration documents, photographs etc. As the car is RHD, he can't offer a price directly.  It has to go to the Berlin office though we should have an email price today which is valid for 5 days incl. weekend. It helps to have all original documents and service book. No mention of a certificate of conformity.

Thanks for other selling suggestions.  As we are so clueless about the correct Abmeldung process etc not to mention that we wouldn't recognize possible dodgy banknotes, our best option would be this company or the low part exchange. 

I wonder what the offer will be...

@emkay They did the same thing with us and it was LHD. What they do is list the car on their site and then buy it from you when they have a buyer. They're only waiting for a price from the buyers.

34 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

@emkay They did the same thing with us and it was LHD. What they do is list the car on their site and then buy it from you when they have a buyer. They're only waiting for a price from the buyers.

That makes sense.  The inspector told us that they are part of a big multi national group and the car seems ideal for a Cypriot buyer...albeit one who'd be  keen to fix minor wheel arch rust (common for that build year). Nice big panorama sun roof and less than average km.  I'm feeling stupudly girly for being sad to see it go though best to change before I get too batty to adapt to LHD. :D