ECB opens new building and Activists riot!

15 posts in this topic

So, Today, The ECB or EZB ( depending on what country you are from ) are opening their new building in Frankfurt.

Last evening it would appear that the "activists" that are opposed to the ECB and whats its doing have turned into violent mindless vandals and criminals.

Had they come to FFM and caused chaos without damage, then I would support them.. but not their reasons.

Now that they have proved themselfs as low-life scum and vandals, they may aswell just piss off back to Offenbach or wherever they came from!

News story here..

they may aswell just piss off back to Offenbach or wherever they came from!News story here..

39 different European countries, according to the article. I didn't know there were so many. I wonder if there's anyone from Monaco, S. Marino, the Vatican...

The leftists are graciously giving us Frankfurters a little taste of what the world would be like if they were in charge! Isn't it wonderful comrades!

Does anyone look what it looks like between Messe and Hauptbahnhof? I need to go to work to Gallus this afternoon. It looks like I'll have to walk (about 1 hour!)

Somewhat less fucked up than the east side of town, and the S-and U- are still running there (I believe).

Anyway, you should walk and be grateful that your leftist betters are allowing you to walk, especially as you are heading to work at a slave-driving capitalistic enterprise that dares to create wealth. Walking, if you have to go there at all, is the only way to go because driving or getting the U-bahn is bad for the polar bears and kills small children in Africa. Throwing vast amounts of money at Greece is bad for Greece. Two plus two is five.

I assume that there are a lot of police near Taunusanlage/Mainzer Landstraße because of the banks, and there will be a final rally at the Opernplatz this evening at the end of the Blockupy demonstration route, see FR-online, so avoid this area, but around the main station and Messe, it should be okay. I have to go there as well this afternoon. U-Bahn and S-Bahn are running, except for U5.

See The Local liveblog as well.

A lot of police?

Over 11000 officers drafted in from all over Hessen ..

Police Chopper up in the air all day...

When will these dickhead protesters realise that no one at the ECB gives a fuck about what anyone else says?

Many of them are just looking for a riot... If they were normal friendly protesters, then why the need for masks?

Knobs!

no one at the ECB gives a fuck about what anyone else says?

Many of them are just looking for a riot... If they were normal friendly protesters, then why the need for masks?

Maybe you would think you needed a mask too

...if you were a member of their internal anarchists net security team

...especially if you were,

...dare I say it,

...from Greece. :ph34r:

2B

... Anyway, you should walk and be grateful that your leftist betters are allowing you to walk, especially as you are heading to work at a slave-driving capitalistic enterprise that dares to create wealth...

... and get handsomely taxed for doing it. That tax money gets spent on social programs: child support, infrastructure, unemployment benefit, pensions, welfare, education...

I disgust myself! I should just call in sick and join the proterstors. Now, where is my scruffiest hoodie??

Smaug, your taxes get used to pay the welfare benefits of most of these protestors. You are supporting the protestors with 50% of your efforts, whether you like it or not.

These guys are following me around I swear. I was in Hong Kong during much of the Occupy thing there. The difference was - those kids really know how to protest peacefully. There was almost no property damage, literally a few broken windows towards the end. The disruption was enormous however. HK is a small and densely-packed place so shutting off a main road, let alone 3 of them, can cause total chaos. Not like here where you always have some kind of alternative route.

Our "agents" report: pro-Putin crackpots who support war in Ukraine and annexation of Crimea were among 50% of protesters.

I bet 90% of them are unemployed and didn´t even bother to go to school or get a job for years.

Who else would have so much free time to spend on the streets doing nothing but damage...

I can understand some of their reasons, I even agree with some of them. But setting police cars on fire and blocking a whole city for a few days is simply outrageous.

I am sorry some of the taxes we pay go to those people so they can drink and argue and walk on the streets all day long..

Thinking about it and how much it cost "the people"? Yeah, throwing some rocks and burning some cop cars, which by the way will have to replaced on"our" dime, just proves they stand for nothing.

It's about time that German police will be allowed to use rubber bullets. In June, the same protesters will be in Bavaria for the G7 summit.