Lost iPhone - Lilienstr. Munich

13 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I found an iPhone at the weekend in the area of Lilienstr. (Au-Haidhausen) has anyone lost one? It's most probably UK registered.

13:30 Saturday afternoon

Is it powered on? If it is and the owner hasn't called you yet, try long-clicking on the main button and see if Siri comes up. If it does try the commands "call my wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend" or "call my mother/father/brother/sister", or the same in German. Or even "take me home" if you want to get the address of the owner. In the default phone settings those commands override the screen block.

If it doesn't have battery left, get a cable from somewhere and charge it..

Yes you are, and if nobody claims it for some time (6 months?) you're entitled to it. Have you turned it on? It's strange if the owner hasn't contacted you yet. Between a simple phone call, SMS and find my phone there are many ways even a non-techie iphone user can trace back a lost phone in friendly hands. It's not a wallet or a digital camera.

Really? Don't hand it over to the police without making a decent effort to trace owner.

When I lost my phone a few years ago, they used it to ring my girlfriend.

And when I found a wallet I was able to contact him, or at least pass a message that he should contact me through his health insurance

I have been informed that I only need to report it missing; not actually hand it over. After 6 months if nobody claims it, it's mine!

That IS great! :) I am glad you found the owner! I am very sure that person has had their faith in humans restored :)

Jade

That IS great! I am glad you found the owner! I am very sure that person has had their faith in humans restored

Jade

In one human, at least. Not sure this can be applied to humans in general <_<

So happy to see there are good people exist... 

thanks for your efforts.

we traveled to Munich 2 months ago and we forgot our backpack in the train while we were traveling from Munich to Füssen to visit majestic neuschwanstein. We couldn't find it. It was Apple Mac inside,shaver and some personal stuffs, chargers, files for my friend's business and his business cards with his all information printed on it! But no one give it back or never contact! It was not in lost and found offices and DB stop searching after 4 weeks. ? Laptop didn't connect to internet yet. 

I wish someone with humanity find it and give it back to us.