Obituary thread of notable or obscure folk: Boycie from Only Fools and horses

1,912 posts in this topic

We saw the Stones play in 2018 in Stuttgart.  It was our first time at one of their shows and I will never forget it.  We had seats on the 13th row.  I am so glad we went.  After the show, I told my husband that will probably be the only Stones show we will ever see... and they were magnificent.  Mick even spoke a little Schwabisch.

I knew this was going to happen eventually, but I am still so sad.  He was so classy and elegant… and he was just perfect. RIP, Charlie Watts.  

4 hours ago, john g. said:

Ted Dexter at 86. One of England's greatest ever batsmen:

I suppose at 86 you could say he had a good innings...

11 hours ago, RedMidge said:

Mikis Theodarakis -age 96 RIP. Greek composer, fighter against the Civil war in Greece.

Thanks for the mentioning him. I was about to post it myself.

This one hits close to home. I've known him all my life personally, as he was a close friend with my father for the past ~40 years.

A great composer, and an even better human being.

RIP Michael Constantine (94)
aka Gus Portokalos ... fervent believer in the restorative power of Windex
241650694_10227004454718716_384077253037

Sir Clive Sinclair dies aged 81

I bet the ZX Series of computers gave a bunch of UK folks my age their start into computing. 

My first was a ZX-81 that my dad and I (Well mostly my dad, I was 10) soldered together from a kit.

I don't think I will ever forget spending hours keying in some code from the back of a magazine and then accidentally knocking the machine so the Ram Pack wobbled and you lost it all.

After the ZX-81 I had a classic 'rubber-key' spectrum which I upgraded to have an external floppy disk drive. Being able to load games from disk while all your mates were stuck waiting ages for a tape to load seemed like the height of cool.

While I never had a spectrum or ZX as I had the Acorn machines, I did have much respect for him and his machines, I supposes I did have a programmable Sinclair calculator thou.

I will never forget playing General election on one of mates spectrum, while  Margret Thatcher was trying to win her second term in power, maybe 1893, that took about 8 hours to play and was very gripping