Obituary thread of notable or obscure folk: Ned Beatty "Deliverance" and "Network"

1,856 posts in this topic

Since even before the forum switch, you can't do some things to the first post in a thread.  Like, you can't remove it from the rest of the thread, and you can't merge it with other posts.  The first post belongs to the thread and can't be removed from it.  Keeping this thread alive and editable would mean manually clicking on each individual post for 92 pages (can't even "select all") and splitting them into a new thread. 

Just wondering- if I died tomorrow - would the software be up to date enough to mention my name?😂

Or would it require a death certificate in Greek?

( Don’t know the Greek terminology for “ obscure folk)!!

Or would this thread be merged with “ refused to pay the Rundfunkbeitrag?”

😂

Either way, the BIGGIE would be Keith Richards- maybe.. one day!😂

Olympia Dukakis, stage, film and television actress, died on May 1, 2021 at age 89 in New York City.  She won an Academy role for Moonstruck (a fantastic film!) in 1987.  

[whooosy daisy!  I see from the title edits that Olympia Dukakis already was added to the list.]

Tawney Kitaen, 1980s actress and music video performer (the article said “vixen”), died May 7, 2021 at age 59 in Newport Beach, California.

Eric Carle, author of The Very Hungry Caterpillar has died aged 91. My kids loved that book when they were young and I enjoyed reading it to them many many times.

Oh.

That's very sad. His books are so evocative with that painstaking hand-painted layered tissue paper artwork...

On 5/27/2021, 6:21:25, pappnase said:

Eric Carle, author of The Very Hungry Caterpillar has died aged 91. My kids loved that book when they were young and I enjoyed reading it to them many many times.

I still remember having that read to me way way back and then reading it myself. 

The book is in a box at my parents place I think.