Obituary thread of notable or obscure folk: Joey Jordison Slipknot Drummer. Dusty Hill ZZ Top Bassist.

1,867 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, RenegadeFurther said:

The greatest footballer the world has ever known.

Pretty good handballer too.

1 hour ago, john g. said:

He’s now in the hands of God!

Too soon john, much too soon.

I think it's such a pity in England that he's firstly associated with that incident, when 1) the buildup to that "goal" was brilliant and 2) it was accompanied in the same match by the best goal I can think of in a world cup. It's worth re-visiting on youtube to see Peter Reid chasing hopelessly after him, and Terry Butcher trying to foul him a few times...and failing hopelessly.

Whenever the usual arguments come out about Messi and Pele, it's worth thinking about how Maradona not just won in '86 but almost single-handedly got that awful team in 1990 to the final. He just dominated those tournaments.

I also dislike Shilton, and there's no way he should have been out-jumped by Maradona.

Flawed genius, dstanners ( like me😂). Yeah, shame the first thought that went through my mind was THAT goal. I was actually in Indonesia at the time, trying to follow the game on a wonky TV set outside a restaurant. To be frank and very honest, I don’t actually remember if I saw THAT goal. 
But I DO remember Geoff Hurst’s goal in 1966. 😂

Plenty of German friends who have often queried that goal!😂

Normal people kick the bucket when they die,Maradonna dribbled it around 5 defenders and chipped it in the top corner.

Absolute arsehole of a man but damn what a footballer.Still the best ever as far as I`m concerned.

RIP

2 hours ago, Dembo said:

Pretty good handballer too.

Poor old Dumbo. Hahaha.

1 hour ago, john g. said:

Flawed genius, dstanners ( like me😂). Yeah, shame the first thought that went through my mind was THAT goal. I was actually in Indonesia at the time, trying to follow the game on a wonky TV set outside a restaurant. To be frank and very honest, I don’t actually remember if I saw THAT goal. 
But I DO remember Geoff Hurst’s goal in 1966. 😂

Plenty of German friends who have often queried that goal!😂

you just cant help yourself can you?

Your point, caller? Have you no memories? Apart from shit- stirring. Which gulag should I be put in?

sure...  But if you have so many memories, why not start your own blog thread and avoid the seagulling on eveyone elses threads?

What are you doing on this football thread?

Do you follow football?

You are an authoritarian person. Follow your rules? Aye aye, sir. Three bags full, sir.

Just now, john g. said:

What are you doing on this football thread?

Do you follow football?

You are an authoritarian person. Follow your rules? Aye aye, sir. Three bags full, sir.

I assume you are drunk or senile..  This is a thread about dead people and not football..

Knock it off. Does Maradona really deserve 1 whole page of pointless comments on the obituary thread. Far more worthy persons have had far less.

Not my reality. This is a thread about  people who have died. In this case, a footballer who has died. You assume your own aggression and pointless life. Shame you have nothing better to do.