Obituary thread of notable or obscure folk: Edita Gruberova, Coloratura Soprano

1,916 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

So if Trump dropped dead tonight, we should all come here and sign his praises?

Please don't tease such hopes...   What praises do you think Trump warrants?  Maybe not a good comparison.

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

So if Trump dropped dead tonight, we should all come here and sing his praises?

I think it would be best to maintain a dignified silence. But I might smile. A lot.

21 minutes ago, Techsmex said:

On point yester..  I am not your mother.  But If'n I was your mammy, I'd slap some sense unto your thick head. Respect for the dead, have you not heard of that? Where were you raised boomer?

So, if years ago, you heard Hitler was dead, you would come on here and say "look at all those positive things he did", ignore the negatives

Check my profile for all info about me

If somebody is a cunt when they are alive, they do not get better when they are dead

Not sure if this has been posted but it brought me comfort -

As tributes to Sean Connery continue to pour in following news of his death at age 90 on Oct. 31, his widow, Micheline Roquebrune, has revealed that the Scottish star suffered from dementia in his final years.

Roquebrune, who married the James Bond actor in 1975, told the Mail on Sunday that the condition, which impairs cognitive functioning, had taken “its toll” on Connery.

“It was no life for him,” she shared. “He was not able to express himself latterly. 

“At least he died in his sleep and it was just so peaceful. I was with him all the time and he just slipped away. It was what he wanted.

“He had dementia and it took its toll on him. He got his final wish to slip away without any fuss.”

18 minutes ago, yesterday said:

So, if years ago, you heard Hitler was dead, you would come on here and say "look at all those positive things he did", ignore the negatives

If somebody is a cunt when they are alive, they do not get better when they are dead

I changed the content of my post, after some reflection.  Sorry for the personal attack.  All i'm saying is let them be.  History will judge them in the years and decades to come.  But, comparing Hitler to Connery?  That's a stretch

12 minutes ago, yesterday said:

SPOILER ALERT.   HITLER IS DEAD! 

Every topic on every thread on TT ends up in a nasty bitching session ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... wonder why people get bored and leave? :mellow:

1 minute ago, Techsmex said:

I changed the content of my post, after some reflection.  Sorry for the personal attack.  All i'm saying is let them be.  History will judge them in the years and decades to come.

Nothin personal and I respect you - live long and prosper

To be honest I can respect the dead as well, as with sean, he was not so so so bad

In any case I am more of a roger moore fan, but it seems the 007 fan base, is dependent on your age

2 minutes ago, hooperski said:

Every topic on every thread on TT ends up in a nasty bitching session ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... wonder why people get bored and leave? :mellow:

Sorry, if I over reacted

Welcome back Hops

3 minutes ago, yesterday said:

Nothin personal and I respect you - live long and prosper

To be honest I can respect the dead as well, as with sean, he was not so so so bad

In any case I am more of a roger moore fan, but it seems the 007 fan base, is dependent on your age

The Saint! My favourite Sunday evening programm before I was sent to bed! Yesterday! I had you down as a young Swedish au pair but you‘re not! You are like me! Erm, erm.. timeless!😂

14 minutes ago, yesterday said:

Has anyone noticed that Bond's gotten shorter over the years?  

The truth is that none of us "know" any of these people. I pay more attention to what their spouses and families remember about them. Not the press.

4 minutes ago, yesterday said:

Sorry, if I over reacted

Welcome back Hops

As I left TT a long time ago, I don't know you, and care even less. You obviously didn't understand my post.

8 minutes ago, hooperski said:

As I left TT a long time ago, 

As I, yet here we are, like moths to the flame

10 minutes ago, hooperski said:

As I left TT a long time ago, I don't know you, and care even less. You obviously didn't understand my post.

Hoops, the man apologised...

Maybe the best thing is we wait for the next deceased person...( not feeling that good myself😀)...

And, apparently, a Mr John Smith , a chartered accountant and Daily Telegraph reader from Middle England is also feeling unwell tonight. 

To be honest, I tend to think like keith richards - rolling stones

When asked about Princess Diana, dying 

He said 

He did not know the chick

I can kinda agree, why should you be so sorry about anybody when you do not know them

21 minutes ago, hooperski said:

Because of the excessive posting of memes rather than discussion?   🤡

5 minutes ago, yesterday said:

When asked about Princess Diana, dying 

He said 

He did not know the chick

I can kinda agree, why should you be so sorry about anybody when you do not know them

It cannot be the same if you know someone well or love them but empathy towards anyone suffering in this world is better than not caring. Otherwise, we would never have any progress politically.

17 minutes ago, yesterday said:

And I,    like Gram Parsons.