Obituary thread of notable or obscure folk: Joey Jordison Slipknot Drummer. Dusty Hill ZZ Top Bassist.

1,867 posts in this topic

Always liked him, though never really liked the Bond films.  Did enjoy "The Name of the Rose".  RIP.

( Is this where Sasha Cohen  got his inspiration?)

54 minutes ago, alderhill said:

But have you forgotten the greatest roll of all? 

ZARDOZ

And let's not forget 'his' appearances with Alex Trebek. 

Yes, ZARDOZ, the gun is good the penis is bad.

Sean Connery even came to my hometown Arnhem for the movie A Bridge Too Far.  He also played in The Longest Day. 

The indoor shots of the film "The name of the Rose" were shot in a place called Kloster Eberbach which is not far outside Frankfurt, near Wiesbaden.  I've been there a number of times and I always get a sense of the film when I'm inside the building. 

90 was a good age and he did a lot in those 90 years

Sean Connery Quotes:

More than anything else, I'd like to be an old man with a good face, like Hitchcock or Picasso. 

I am not an Englishman, I was never an Englishman, and I don't ever want to be one. I am a Scotsman! I was a Scotsman and I will always be one.

Scotland should be nothing less than equal with all the other nations of the world.

I haven't found anywhere in the world where I want to be all the time. The best of my life is the moving. I look forward to going.

5 minutes ago, john g. said:

A man of his time..ok. But not my hero:

Let him rest in peace.  History will judge him, no need to bring up his short fallings at this moment.

10 minutes ago, Techsmex said:

Sean Connery Quotes:

More than anything else, I'd like to be an old man with a good face, like Hitchcock or Picasso. 

I am not an Englishman, I was never an Englishman, and I don't ever want to be one. I am a Scotsman! I was a Scotsman and I will always be one.

Scotland should be nothing less than equal with all the other nations of the world.

I haven't found anywhere in the world where I want to be all the time. The best of my life is the moving. I look forward to going.

Yes, he played the scotsman card, but actually spent very little time there, he was always in Warmer places like spain and  Bahamas.

Lot of people never understood, how you are so pro Scotland, but never spent any time there.

Sorry should you not talk bad of the dead ?

15 minutes ago, yesterday said:

Give him a wee bit of time to gather his dead senses.  You, and others, on the other hand will have ample time to amplify your grievances.

17 minutes ago, yesterday said:

Yes, he played the scotsman card, but actually spent very little time there, he was always in Warmer places like spain and  Bahamas.

Lot of people never understood, how you are so pro Scotland, but never spent any time there.

Aren't we all a bit guilty of that, in one way or another?  I play the Irish card all the time, but I haven't lived there for over 30 years.  Famous people will always find another place to live, it's usually to do with paying less tax.

Growing up in Ireland, we were always told not to speak ill of the dead, especially in the first weeks after their death.

2 minutes ago, Techsmex said:

Give him a wee bit of time to gather his dead senses.  You, and others, on the other hand will have ample time to amplify your grievances.

Wow! That is very wise, truly.  What a post! My favourite post of the day - for what my opinion is worth .. or isn‘t.🙏🏻

1 hour ago, Techsmex said:

Why ?

Just because someone dies doesn`t mean we should only consider his good points and ignore their bad points.

Funny how no one tells people not to eulogise him

Good actor but shit person basically.

30 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Why ?

Just because someone dies doesn`t mean we should only consider his good points and ignore their bad points.

Calm down Keleth,  No one is saying to ignore his bad points.  All I'm saying is to give him a bit of respect in this post in his time of death. Create another post to air your shite if you feel the need. 

20 hours ago, Tap said:

Sean Connery has died, he was my favourite 007 - RIP

Mine too, non of the others could hold a candle to him...

RIP

16 hours ago, Techsmex said:

Calm down Keleth,  No one is saying to ignore his bad points.  All I'm saying is to give him a bit of respect in this post in his time of death. Create another post to air your shite if you feel the need. 

You are not a moderator on here, so please don't tell people on here how to act.

The title of this thread does  not  say, only post positive points.

Maybe you should go away and start a new thread along the lines of Obituary thread of notable and obscure folk, only positive points

Maybe watch this video from a UK comedy series, Not the nine o'clock news - ca 1980, how ridiculous it is not change your view of a person after they die.

4 hours ago, yesterday said:

You are not a moderator on here, so please don't tell people on here how to act.

Boils down to respect for the dead.  "nil nisi bonum".  Not appropriate to speak ill of the dead. This thread is about their passing, not a vilification.