Obituary thread of notable and obscure folk: Frank Bough, TV presenter, 87

1,512 posts in this topic

"Dame Diana Rigg: Actress dies aged 82"

Actress Dame Diana Rigg, famous for roles including Emma Peel in TV series The Avengers and Olenna Tyrell in Game of Thrones, has died at the age of 82.

"She died peacefully early this morning. She was at home with her family who have asked for privacy at this difficult time," her agent said.

Dame Diana is also known for playing Tracy, the only woman who became Mrs James Bond, in 1969 film On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

She also appeared in ITV's Victoria.

She played the Duchess of Buccleuch in the royal drama, and can currently be seen playing Mrs Pumphrey in Channel 5's new adaptation of All Creatures Great and Small.

BBC

RIP one of the greats.

Rip Diana Rigg truely classy icon of Brittish tv. I just love The Avengers.

22 minutes ago, john g. said:

https://www.google.de/search?q=The+Avengers+1960s+series&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-de&client=safari#imgdii=2FRQrqvq5CTGNM&imgrc=W6zhDd9w7kaKlM

A classy actress, feminist icon ( could kick shit out of men ) in the Avengers.

The humour and class of the series.

I guess a number of teenage males lost their virginity by themselves when watching her ( so I have been told.)

😂

Busted.

It took me years to find out that the series: "With umbrella, charm and a bowler hat" is actually "The Avengers!"

A day after Constitution Day, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died of metastatic pancreatic cancer. :( 

May her memory be a blessing.

6 hours ago, katheliz said:

A day after Constitution Day, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died of metastatic pancreatic cancer. :( 

That's so sad. A great woman, eminent lawyer with a brilliant mind.

12 minutes ago, tor said:

RIP RBG

We are fucked :(

Yup:

"Washington (CNN)Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell vowed on Friday that whomever President Donald Trump nominates to replace the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg will get a vote on the Senate floor, signaling a historic fight in Congress over one of the most polarizing issues in American politics."

Guess they'll change the title  from SCOTUS to SCROTUS ;) 

On 9/19/2020, 3:06:06, katheliz said:

I had never heard of her ( my ignorance ) but have since read up on her. A giant.🙏🏻

Frank Windsor, actor, aged 92. Best known for playing Det. Sergeant/Inspector Watts in Z Cars and Softly Softly

RIP

BBC