Obituary thread of notable and obscure folk: Frank Bough, TV presenter, 87

1,512 posts in this topic

Jil Gascoine actress best known for police drama series  Gentle Touch.

8 hours ago, klingklang77 said:

Sad, sad day. This really bums me out. I’m a massive Kraftwerk fan, hence my screen name. I’m glad I saw them the few times I did. 

I saw them a couple of times in Ireland in the 2000s - really superb shows: sound  and vision in perfect synchronicity.  And such unique music - 

a yearning for the future always underpinned by a nostalgia for the past..all packaged in melodies that will be played far, far into the future.

Roy Horn of Siegfried & Roy dies from coronavirus at 75

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Roy Horn of Siegfried & Roy, the duo whose extraordinary magic tricks astonished millions until Horn was critically injured in 2003 by one of the act’s famed white tigers, has died. He was 75.

Horn died of complications from the coronavirus on Friday in a Las Vegas hospital, according to a statement released by publicist Dave Kirvin.

My older brother had most of Little Richard's records in the '50s, a lot on 78 rpm discs

R.I.P.

I know its was always going to happen.

But really the death of Little Richard is the last one of the great first generation of Rock and Roll, very sad news

Spent most of last night re-living and enjoying the music of the period - even thou I was too young to get into it at the time it was made.

Jerry Stiller, 92, father of Ben Stiller and my favourite character in King of Queens.

RIP

2 hours ago, Tap said:

Jerry Stiller, 92, father of Ben Stiller and my favourite character in King of Queens.

Favorite character??? I hated him. Which shows what a brilliant actor he was

Although he was kinda lovable in Zoolander.