Obituary thread of notable and obscure folk: Peter Fonda

1,255 posts in this topic

He belongs in another thread:  Obituary thread of unworthy and despicable folk: Jeffrey Epstein

But then, why even mention him?

JE had a painting of Bill Clinton in a blue dress with red shoes. 

This guy is the American Jimmy Saville.

J²... did you know that the word Gullible will not appear in the next edition of the collins English dictionary?

You and SL belong together... :ph34r:

51 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

JE had a painting of Bill Clinton in a blue dress with red shoes. 

This guy is the American Jimmy Saville.

Priceless.  You're getting to be more of a raving loon every day. It could be Richard Gere, Meryl Streep or maybe your Mum. Definitely maybe one of them.

laughing monkey.gif

I misread the post thinking it was a photograph of Bill Clinton, but it was a painting - yes, clearly of Bill Clinton - and is shown in the Daily Mail link below. Paintings are generally a reflection of the artist's imagination.

The original painting is called 'Parsing Bill' and is by Australian-American artist Petrina Ryan-Kleid, although it is unclear if Epstein had bought the canvas or had a print mounted. Ryan-Kleid exhibited for her degree show when she graduated with an MFA in 2012 from the New York Academy of Art.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7353967/Did-Jeffrey-Epstein-portrait-Bill-Clinton-blue-dress-red-heels-NYC-mansion.html

She [the source] told DailyMailTV: 'It was absolutely Bill Clinton. It was shocking - it was definitely a painting of him. It was a very provocative, sexual picture. He was wearing heels, a blue dress and his hand was in a weird position.

I don't see it as looking provocative or sexual, unless one finds blokes in dresses showing a bit of thigh sexy, and both his hands seem to me to be in perfectly normal positions. So it seems to me that there's a certain amount of exaggeration in this story.

I think that painting is hysterical - just great!

I think the blue dress is a nod to the Monica Lewinsky debacle.  And no he does not appear sexy at all (as if!)

4 hours ago, hooperski said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You must realise that this was posted by an excitable j2, at wine-o-clock.

Touché!!

18 minutes ago, john g. said:

Peter Fonda!

Yeah, serious influence on my life.Back then. But back then is part of what now is for some of us. Dumb brats, weren´t we!!

JohnGee,

I grew up listening to the soundtrack from Easy Rider.  My introduction to 'The Band', courtesy of 'The Weight'

Ah, Techsmex! I was an illegal Englishman hitchhiking around back then in the States! Had a one week visa..and it stretched out ( ie I ignored it! ),.Hey, man, I was 20. Last year I had my 66th birthday and a Route 66 birthday cake here on Crete! 99 per cent of TTers on here will not have a clue about the Zeitgeist back then! Possibly only you or maybe Keefy...