Obituary thread of notable or obscure folk: Raymond Briggs children's author. Darryl Hunt - Musician.

2,049 posts in this topic

Did anyone here know Michael Jackson was dead?

Which one? The beer expert or the bass player for Van Halen?

So sad to hear about Patrick Macnee, feels like I just lost a part of my youth... :(

Chris Squire, Yes Bassist and Co-Founder, Dead at 67

Rolling Stone (June 28, 2015): Chris Squire, the co-founder and longtime bassist of prog rock icons Yes and the only member of the group to feature on every studio album, has passed away just over a month after revealing that he was suffering from a rare form of leukemia. Squire was 67. 

CHRIS-SQUIRE.thumb.jpg.affdccdb0b9dd750a 

He was willing to be laughed at - see Top Secret.  Shariff car has been through a compactor, with him in it.

Singer and TV star Cilla Black, who enjoyed a 50-year showbusiness career, has died aged 72, her agent has said.

The 1960s singing star became a popular TV celebrity on such shows as Blind Date and Surprise Surprise.

Police in Malaga said a woman named Priscilla White - Black's real name - had died in Estepona in the Costa del Sol region.

The death appeared to be due to natural causes, but this had not yet been confirmed by tests, police said.

I loved her accent and the fact that she always stayed her natural self. R.I.P. Cilla.

Singer and TV star Cilla Black, who enjoyed a 50-year showbusiness career, has died aged 72, her agent has said.

The 1960s singing star became a popular TV celebrity on such shows as Blind Date and Surprise Surprise.

Police in Malaga said a woman named Priscilla White - Black's real name - had died in Estepona in the Costa del Sol region.

The death appeared to be due to natural causes, but this had not yet been confirmed by tests, police said.

I loved her accent and the fact that she always stayed her natural self. R.I.P. Cilla.

yeh,i was also suprised suprised at her unexpected death 

Memories and sounds of the 60s. Such a  voice and sense of fun. Cilla Black will be missed.  72 is not so old these days. It seems she always grieved for her husband who died at 57 yrs.

Tough year for pop culture. They Live is still an excellent movie. At 15, I had no idea who Roddy Piper was, but I sure did after watching that.

The 7 minute fight sequence where Piper's character tries to convince Keith David's character to put the "special" sunglasses on is legendary.

I have now done what I've been meaning to for ages and ordered it on blu ray for an HD revisit...

I've had that John Carpenter film in my collection for years and I always love watching it.

And I just love that iconic quote in the film.

Nada (Roddy Piper): "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum."