Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Does parental leave count toward notice period when quitting job?

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

At the moment I am working in Germany. I am going on parental leave for 2 months soon. But before leaving, I would like to quit my current job. The notice period in my case is 3 months.

If I quit before parental leave, does the 2 months of parental leave will be counted in the notice period or do I have to stay 2 more months when I am back to work?

Thanks,

Vlad

On 2/27/2015, 1:29:21, vladislav said:

Hello,

At the moment I am working in Germany. I am going on parental leave for 2 months soon. But before leaving, I would like to quit my current job. The notice period in my case is 3 months.

If I quit before parental leave, does the 2 months of parental leave will be counted in the notice period or do I have to stay 2 more months when I am back to work?

Thanks,

Vlad

Hi Vlad, I have the same situation like you had before. I am also going to quite my job and also have the parental leave. Could you update and share your experience? How did make it in the end?

Thanks.

Speaking from personal experience, yes, it does count. My wife was due to return from Parental leave to her job on July 15th, but she quit around end of May and her last day was June 30th. She never actually returned to work. She had to forgo 15 days of Elterngeld payment, so you might want to look into that.