Do I need a visa as non-EU citizen w/German residence permit to travel to the UK

104 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, justwise said:

I will be travelling with my non EU wife to the UK. She has EU family permit visa. We will be travelling this christmas and I will only stay in the UK for few days, but she will stay for another 2 weeks. Will it be a problem if I return to Germany before her or must we return at he same time.

The regulations say that they must be "travelling with you" or "travelling to join you in the UK".

It does not say anything about if this is just for entry or also applies to leaving the UK at the same time.   

I would suggest that you contact the British embassy and ask them about you specific situation, and then report back here.

6 hours ago, justwise said:

I will be travelling with my non EU wife to the UK. She has EU family permit visa. We will be travelling this christmas and I will only stay in the UK for few days, but she will stay for another 2 weeks. Will it be a problem if I return to Germany before her or must we return at he same time.

Personal experience. Drove with wife to the UK. As we could not get the UK family visa link was not working,embassy did not answer phone, guard would not let us in? we just turned up at Dunkirk French no problems, then UK passport control with proof of EU residence centre of life. 30 mins later lots of paperwork got though. 

My wife and daughter flew back without me as I had some business to attend to alone. Some questions at EasyJet but they managed to find someone that knew the rules no problems after that.

14 hours ago, dj_jay_smith said:

The regulations say that they must be "travelling with you" or "travelling to join you in the UK".

It does not say anything about if this is just for entry or also applies to leaving the UK at the same time.   

I would suggest that you contact the British embassy and ask them about you specific situation, and then report back here.

The embassy does not answer phone. Thanks

8 hours ago, GoBike said:

Personal experience. Drove with wife to the UK. As we could not get the UK family visa link was not working,embassy did not answer phone, guard would not let us in? we just turned up at Dunkirk French no problems, then UK passport control with proof of EU residence centre of life. 30 mins later lots of paperwork got though. 

My wife and daughter flew back without me as I had some business to attend to alone. Some questions at EasyJet but they managed to find someone that knew the rules no problems after that.

Thank you