Do I need a visa as non-EU citizen w/German residence permit to travel to the UK

104 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

Ireland or UK?

Regarding Ireland:

www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Family%20Members%20of%20EU_EEA%20_Swiss%20citizens

So if you have a EU residency card that stipulates that you are married a EU citizen, you don't need a visa.

Otherwise you need a visa, and can then apply for EU residency permit within 3 months of arrival.

Ireland but without my partner

51 minutes ago, snowingagain said:
28 minutes ago, Oluwaseun said:

Ireland or UK?

Regarding Ireland:

www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Family%20Members%20of%20EU_EEA%20_Swiss%20citizens

So if you have a EU residency card that stipulates that you are married a EU citizen, you don't need a visa.

Otherwise you need a visa, and can then apply for EU residency permit within 3 months of arrival.

Ireland but without my partner

To travel alone to Ireland.

Maybe with BUS from France or Train?

My wife will not be coming with me

10 minutes ago, Oluwaseun said:

Then you are required to apply for a visa first.

1 hour ago, Oluwaseun said:

No buses or trains to Ireland from France at the moment.  They haven't built the tunnel under the sea yet ...

And if there was you'd still need a visa unless you were travelling with her or joining her there, if she was there as detailed in the link:

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Family%20Members%20of%20EU_EEA%20_Swiss%20citizens

download.jpg

6 minutes ago, engelchen said:

They pass through the UK and the Brits try to control illegal immigration by checking the papers of everyone who enters.

Well, there are ferries from France direct to Ireland...

16 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

Well, there are ferries from France direct to Ireland...

Do you know whether the Irish check IDs and documents?

Yes, they do.  But there is talk of them being a bit more slack than the UK.  And the Irish ports also.  The UK ports are now much stricter, checking cars and all coaches.  Daily Mail did a piece about it, smuggling someone through under a blanket in the back of a car.  I would guess if you looked Irish and just waved a Irish passport, it might be quite cursory.  Buuut, being Nigerian looking would probably attract more attention.

25 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

Yes, they do.  But there is talk of them being a bit more slack than the UK.  And the Irish ports also.  The UK ports are now much stricter, checking cars and all coaches.  Daily Mail did a piece about it, smuggling someone through under a blanket in the back of a car.  I would guess if you looked Irish and just waved a Irish passport, it might be quite cursory.  Buuut, being Nigerian looking would probably attract more attention.

Do explain ! How does one "Look Irish"?!!! As opposed to English, Welsh, Scottish, French etc etc!!!!

I don't have red hair, not one member of my family has red hair and none of my friends have red hair.  It's not as common in Ireland as people like to think.

3 minutes ago, Tap said:

I don't have red hair, not one member of my family has red hair and none of my friends have red hair.  It's not as common in Ireland as people like to think.

I love the way posts drift and bend-now we need a sub-section- Non EU red heads and visa needs!!

1 hour ago, RedMidge said:

How does one "Look Irish"?!!!

Well more than half of these folk are Irish and all of them are, or have been, residents of Ireland. I suspect most of them looked Irish to the rest of the Irish too, (for at least as long as they were famous for doing their job well). :ph34r:

Even if he can't sing or rap maybe @Oluwaseun could still pass

if he carried some flashy neon boots and a soccer strip. :D

2B

Alternatively if he took up hurling a got very good at it maybe he could adopt Irish nationality.

20 minutes ago, 2B_orNot2B said:

Well more than half of these folk are Irish and all of them are, or have been, residents of Ireland. I suspect most of them looked Irish to the rest of the Irish too, (for at least as long as they were famous for doing their job well). :ph34r:

Even if he can't sing or rap maybe @Oluwaseun could still pass

if he carried some flashy neon boots and a soccer strip. :D

2B

????????

Like really ?

I want to move to English speaking country while my wife will join later 

2 hours ago, snowingagain said:

From France to Ireland ☺☺☺

But I'm not illegal?

EU family member 

Tony Cascarino played for the Irish national football team back in the early 2000s, until it was discovered he had no direct connection to Ireland at all.

1 minute ago, Oluwaseun said:

From France to Ireland ☺☺☺

But I'm not illegal?

EU family member 

No, you can't legally enter Ireland (or the UK) if you are travelling alone (unless you are joining your wife who is already there, under certain circumstances).

ttirish.jpg