Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

British shop in Frankfurt

15 posts in this topic

Can anyone help, I have not lived in Frankfurt long but I believe there is a new British Shop opened but I can't find it. Anyone in Frankfurt come across it? I'm missing my Tetley Tea!

Thannks

Hello Foster,

The shop called "A Taste of Britain" and is on Oeder Weg which is just around the corner from Eschenheimer Turm where the English cinema is. Its about a hundred yards on the right hand side. Its small but does stock tetley tea bags. Failing that try the market on Schiller Strasse on a Friday, there is an English stall stocking tea bags. Its at Hauptwache by McDonalds.

Hope this helps.

Hi Foster

The directions are right as given by Star I was in there last week and it is about time Frankfurt got a British Shop. They are really friendly and are getting Irish bacon, sausages and Cheese soon and unlike the Schiller Market don’t charge huge inflated prices, stock about double the products and even talk to you!!!

It is just like walking into a small corner shop back home I just hope unlike Marks & Sparks it stays open!

Hope this helps.

I second that , D J ... it was a sad day when the Frankfurt Marks and Sparks closed their doors for the last time. :(

The really annoying thing about the M&S episode was that before M&S even appeared, there was a decent British Shop near the Hauptbahnhof, but when M&S opened, the Brit Shop lost a lot of custom and had to close down. Then M&S closed, leaving us wi' nowt!

If M&S had just closed the clothes department and retained the food dept. downstairs, they'd have made a pretty healthy profit as it was always busy down there. Scones and clotted cream, Indian food, sandwiches, zig types of cheese,... :(

reggie, there was another shop in West End, not far from the Messeturm. She also closed down when M and S opened up in Nordwestzentrum and on the Zeil. :(

You mean Hayley's? That was, almost literally, a stone's throw from our old offices. We were on the corner opposite the Jewel of India. :D)

As far as I remember, she had over 120 different whiskies on sale. It was a damn fine shop, but she was simply too far off the beaten track.

The details:

A Taste of Britain

Oederweg 34

60318 Frankfurt

Tel.: 069 95929474

E-Mail: info@a-taste-of-britain.com

www.a-taste-of-britain.com

U-Bahn U1,2,3 Eschenheimer Tor

There is not much on their website but perhaps that will change so you will need to call or drop in to see if they stock your Weight Watchers. Let me know how you get on.

Thanks DJ, went there at lunch and it's great. Weight Watchers cookies, baked beans, soups and salad dressings. The guy was very friendly and told me he is getting even more Weight Watchers products next week so I will be in heaven.

I didn’t have much time but the one thing I noticed was they had Cadbury Highlights for €3.99 I paid €4.90 at the Schiller market two weeks ago.

Jane

Thanks everyone, I managed to get to the shop last week. Got my Tetley but just to let you all know they have a large selection of teas including Tetley decaf, Yorkshire, Scottish... They also have a small selection of beer including Guinness, John Smiths, Boddingtons, McEwans and my best find was Newcastle Brown 550ml which was only about 20 cents more than I pay back home at Tescos.

Once again thanks

Purple Muffin

I also asked them for Twiglets and they have just go them in if you are still interested and I think someone asked about bacon, I saw that as well, Irish and I think he said it is cheaper than in Ireland? Anyway I was there today and since my first visit they have got lots more in and bread, scones, crumpets will be in next week so if you have not been along it is worth a look. Much better then the market I think but let me know.

The discount only applies if you order online so no good if you live in Frankfurt!

However atleast they are making an effort to give their customers something. It is worth it if you need to stock up. Pity they don't offer their bacon and cheddar online!