Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Tobacco shop that sells Indonesian clove cigarette

15 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I'm relatively new to Hamburg and was wondering if there was a shop that sold Indonesian Clove Cigarettes, also called kretek. I moved up here from Stuttgart, and found them in a shop down there, so I figured Hamburg would have them too but I can't find them anywhere. I prefer to smoke the menthol ones, and am running low on the pack I have now. I'll provide some images to give you all a better idea.

post-263196-14225517260829.jpg

post-263196-14225516795271.jpg

post-263196-14225517343593.jpg

Alternatively, if anyone is going to Asia soon and wouldn't mind bringing me back a souvenir, or 10, I'll owe you for it, hahah.

I'm too stupid to post a link,but i managed to type Djarum Hamburg into a thing called Google and would you believe it i found a shop in HH that sell your djarums :rolleyes:

I don't smoke, but in Germany there are pretty much e-shops for anything, so google is your friend : http://cigarre24.de/zigaretten/nelkenzigaretten/index.php

I'm too stupid to post a link,but i managed to type Djarum Hamburg into a thing called Google and would you believe it i found a shop in HH that sell your djarums

This was the first thing I did, and only got results for online stores, places in Berlin, and news articles. I don't know why mine were so different from yours. Would you be so kind as to link me the shop?

I don't smoke, but in Germany there are pretty much e-shops for anything, so google is your friend : http://cigarre24.de/zigaretten/nelkenzigaretten/index.php

Thanks! I did come across many eshops when I searched on Google, but I want to pay for these things in cash and save the money in my (American) account for other things. But I suppose that if I can't find a shop, then I will try to buy them online.

Just out of curiosity, which shop did you buy them from in Stuttgart? I might want to try one. I haven't had one of those in over 20 years.

Yes, I know how to Google. And as I said before I didn't find any actual shops that sold them, only online stores. Thank you, you've been very helpful

Just out of curiosity, which shop did you buy them from in Stuttgart? I might want to try one. I haven't had one of those in over 20 years.

Okay, so bear with me on this as my directions might be a little wonky. But there is a shop at the top of an exit of Hauptbahnhof station. Looking at Google maps, none of the street names are ringing a bell, but it's the main one that's lined with shops and only open to foot traffic. There's a McDonald's somewhat near the entrance, H&M, and T-Mobile iirc. The shop is right at the top of the stairs, to you right if you're going up, to your left if down. I believe they had postcards on sale outside of it. It's almost on the corner, I think. Hope this helps. Let me know if you find it.

I know which one you are talking about. Thanks. :)

Yes, I know how to Google. And as I said before I didn't find any actual shops that sold them, only online stores. Thank you, you've been very helpful

Always glad to be of help. My bad, I didn't actually look closely at the website, but stupidly assumed that something called Hamburger Cigarren Contor would have a brick-and-mortar in Hamburg. Apparently their warehouse is in Hamburg, but they only sell online.

I have been able to find out that these people are the importers for Djarum cigarettes, but haven't found any indication of their distribution network. None of the shops they have under "Links" are anywhere near Hamburg, unfortunately. The only thing you can do is try the various cigar and Tabakwaren shops in Hamburg. What you're looking for is not for sale at petrol stations, supermarkets etc. - only at Tabakwaren (and possibly cigar) shops.

Yeah, see that's the issue I was having. I want an actual shop that I can walk into and purchase them from. Tiny ol' Stuttgart had them, so for sure they must be somewhere in Hamburg. The search continues.

I thought they were just clove cigarettes, which I would have tried, but it seems they are a mixture of tobacco and cloves.

Schade. :(

Hi all,

Has anyone been successful in finding clove/kretek cigarette's in Hamburg?

I have checked literally all cigar and tabakwaren shops in and around Hamburg especially those in the Haupthbanhof vicinity but no one seems to sell them.

Also tried the Indonesian supermarket "Toko Indonesia" in Steindamm but they don't have them too.

Would really appreciate if anyone here has a confirmed place within Hamburg that you can recommend.