Easy to get planning permission to build a garage?

5 posts in this topic

our house build has finally been approved by planning but ytong did all the work so I dont really know where to start.

I also want to build 2 car garage separate from the house. we have approval for a house but not garage -I know hindsight!

I want the garage to but up against the boundary lines at front and side of our plot. the driveway would be hardstanding in front of the garage (where a smallish oak tree could hopefully be removed).

What do I need to do to get the ball rolling (and how much will it cost?)

thanks

Hi, I think every 'Gemeinde' has its own rules on that. Check carefully with your 'Bauamt'. There are strict rules as to how far away from the neighbours' fence, other buildings, etc. If you fail to adhere to them, they can make you tear it all down again.

Good luck!

Expat-Dog

And there is no limit on time to be 'done' for an illegal structure here - recently one of our neighbours asked for permission for a new garage, and the inspector had a complete field day whilst visiting our street, booking people for structures up to 30 years old and fining them. No-one has had to remove anything, thank goodness!

booking people for structures up to 30 years old and fining them.

It can happen though. Read about a case recently near Würzburg (illegal extension had to be torn down even though it had been there for many years).

ok, its seems as if we can build a garage with no permission but not at the same time as the house since we only applied for permission for the house. if we want to build a garage at same time as house, then we to put in a new application for house and garage. the other way is build house. then build garge when house is finished. now just need to find out what "finished" means...