Looking for a good integration course in Bremen

3 posts in this topic

Hey everybody,

I am looking for a good integration course for my wife in Bremen. I have a list of institutes which offer this kind of courses here. Among all of them, 3 institutes have courses that will begin in next 1 or 2 months and still have free places. "VHS", "Aristoteles", and "Zentrum für Migranten und interkulturelle Studien". We are really confused and cannot make our mind. Please, if anybody has some experiences with any of these institutes share them here.

Thank you in advance.

Hallo,

Okay so. Today I was at the Job Center (frustratingly) collecting information on studying in Germany and language courses. I have been studying at CASA on Am Dobben however it can be quite expensive if you plan on studying up until C1.

I was then recommended the 'Aristoteles Institut' as the government will subsidize learning costs up until the end of B1 level for those looking to better integrate in Germany. Link here: http://www.aristoteles-institut.de/english/german_language_courses.html

If you would like subsidized learning you have to first call up and register with the Bundesamt für Migration und Flüchtlinge. Through them you can sort out your learning and integration courses with the Aristoteles Institut. It shouldn't be too difficult (and by that I mean only a novelette of forms and copious amounts of redundant personal information ;)

This link should help with that:

http://www.bamf.de/EN/DasBAMF/Aufgaben/Integrationsprogramm/HandlungsfeldSprache/handlungsfeldsprache.html

I wouldn't recommend "VHS" (volkshochschule) as the classes tend to be larger (upwards of 20+ students) and more tedious. The other school is designed for faster and more efficient German language learning and integration (as it largely preps people for jobs and higher education shenanigans).

Anyways, if the cost of this isn't a worry for you it will be less difficult to begin your integration/language course. And if that is the case I would recommend the Aristoteles Institut.

I realize that my information is mostly about language learning but speaking German is probably the best form of integration. Life here is 80 times easier once you can communicate with ease.

If you have any other questions please let me know! I've been trying to figure this all out for the past 5 months. Haha.

Thank you very much, they are useful information. Actually, we have already got the letter from the foreigners' office regarding integration course and I think with this in hand there should be no problem for registration in Aristotel or other institutes that offer integration courses.