Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

English Products in Braunschweig

2 posts in this topic

Hello TT Members,

I just wanted to inform those looking for some home-comforts of where to look in Braunschweig. I am not aware of an English Supermarket so you’ll have to shop around a little.

Things like Marmalade, Tomato Soup and Beans are obvious and you’ll find them in the larger supermarkets like Real or Rewe etc. However, if you’re planning to introduce your neighbours to a roast dinner and don’t want the bother of making your own mint sauce, or you just need some marmite for your toast, then check out ‘A-Chau Lebensmittel’, which is the oriental supermarket on Strobenstraße. You’ll also find your PG Tips and Digestive Biscuits there (although I’ve seen English Tea in all of the oriental supermarkets in BS). They have a good range which can vary (I saw HP Brown Sauce a month or two ago but it was gone when I went back) so check it out and buy it whilst it’s in stock.

Although I have found many German produce to be far more superior than British products, there’s always the odd rainy day where you need what you know – so please share if you know of other less obvious places.

Hi

Did you try Karstadt shop? Usually on the bottom floor they have food items from various countries. I hope this is helpful. Good luck. Paula