The current weather in Hamburg & Surrounds

343 posts in this topic

Blimey - I've never heard of that!馃槀

My brother Colin is a Chelsea fan - so he might know.

Hmm, celery-- sometime in the early 1980s, it became trendy for the sandwich bars eg at South Kensington Tube Station in London to sell sandwiches with celery. I once ordered a sandwich and insisted on no celery and told the young woman: " l there are two things I hate in life - celery and Margaret Thatcher."

The things you remember!馃槀

Chelsea to come back against Real Madrid tonight, Chelski?聽

27 minutes ago, Chelski said:

Sorely tempted to play the Chelsea fans' "Celery" chant but it may not sit well with some of the established TT members...

Buy hey-ho, you only live once and can only caress Tor's Ban Hammer once.

Celery! Celery!

And in the interests of full disclosure, even since the early 80s, no Chelsea fan knows how it originated, or even what it means.

But we just sing it when we're winning.

Which is quite often.

Chelski! The celery song is harmless. Listen to these San Lorenzo fans in Argentina! This is the funniest/ funkiest possible鉂わ笍

And to stay on topic - the weather there is currently better than in Hamburg!馃槀

16 minutes ago, john g. said:

Chelski! The celery song is harmless. Listen to these San Lorenzo fans in Argentina! This is the funniest/ funkiest possible鉂わ笍

And to stay on topic - the weather there is currently better than in Hamburg!馃槀

Nice - lyrics have a Millwall vibe to them聽 - "Everybody hates us, and we don't care". I'll give you that.

Back on topic, not in Hamburg, but it was currentlty 19C when I stepped outside for my last smoke.

48 minutes ago, john g. said:

Chelsea to come back against Real Madrid tonight, Chelski?聽

Absolutely!

Prediction: Gareth Bale to come off the bench and score three own goals and Chelsea through!

Weather prediction for Hamburg tomorrow- up to 21C and rain ( the former is good..the latter- please, dear God... NO )馃槹馃惗

Edit: Mason Mount 0-1

Hat & sticky all day & then from about 5pm it started to rain & its still falling - constant light rain.

Bit of a thunderstorm this evening.聽 We got back home just in time from a day on Nordstrand (visiting friends on vacation there) & drive back down the A23 towards a leaden black sky.聽 When storm broke it was (at least in Pinneberg) not a heavy storm - some thunder & medium to light rain.

Since such storms are often very local it could have different effects down the road...

We just had 1.5 hours really heavy rain this morning (Pinneberg).聽 Roads flooded, sirens sounding, Feuerwehr driving around etc.

In midst of this we had to take dogs to the vet.聽 We & dogs were all wet through.聽

On return the Polizei had blocked off one road dur to a manhole cover being forced up by the water together with a number of surrounding concrete slabs.

Its gone all grey again with light rain & continuous thunder in the distance.

Regenradar shows a small T-storm to the North & a big one stationary on the East side of Hamburg.

EDIT: 30 minutes later we have heavy rain.聽 A least the maize farmers will be happy (there are a couple of fields around the corner).