Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Carrying an xbox in luggage or carry on

8 posts in this topic

I wouldn't bother bringing it, as Germany doesn't have electricity yet.

FFS try a bit of common sense. Don't you think the customs agents will have seen an XBox before? Having said that, personally I would pack it in checked luggage.

EDIT: AFAIK T.O.to go is a travel agent, so would follow that advice.

Welcome to Toytown, mswjax

For detailed official info on what you are allowed to bring into Germany free of import duties or taxes in conjunction with a change of residence please refer to the following English language webpages.

German Customs online - Transferring residence

German Customs: What is personal property (property moved in connection with a transfer of residence)?

Safe journey, and don't forget to bring the originals of all official documents you have ever been issued with as well as any of the US comfort products unavailable in Germany you'd crave for. For ideas, put 'Things you wish you had brought with you' in the search box (at top right).

2B

We brought an xbox in a carry on with no issues. We also brought the step up & down transformer it needs in a carry on.

We thought it was safer to carry it so it doesn't rattle around too much.

I brought my Wii over in my luggage with no problems. I then ordered a European power cable for the Wii and that works great as well.