Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Aeroflot booking on Opodo

11 posts in this topic

I've just flown to Delhi with Aeroflot booked through Oopodo and will be returning Feb 17.

On the flights from Munich to Moscow, and Moscow to Delhi Aeroflot had no record of my asking for a vegetarian meal.

The ticket quotes:

VEGETARISCHE MAHLZEIT -LACTO OVO- AUF ANFRAGE

Now what exactly does that mean?

That Opodo give me permission to ask Aeroflot for a vegetarian meal and if one is available I can have it

Or Opodo have requested same but give no guarantee it will be delivered.

Something else even more useless?

I'm not sure what or why you're asking us and why you didn't go to the airline desk upon arrival in Delhi and ask them.

Merry Christmas nonetheless.

Auf Anfrage means on request. Perhaps since you made this trip reservation with Opodo, you were supposed to request the special meal directly with Aeroflot. Usually this has to be done a few days early.

How do you find Aeroflot? They have a flight from Dresden to NYC, thru Moscow, that is the cheapest. In the past I NEVER would have flown with them but maybe it's better now? Pilots not as drunk?

I didn't ask the Aeroflot desk because it wasn't open at 01:00 when my flight landed. Duh!

Aeroflot is fine, stewardesses helpful and attractive, stewards rough looking and helpful. Sadly didn't get to breathalyze pilot but the planes landed ok

Presumably on automatic pilot then...

My first flight ever was with Aeroflot - flying to Yugoslavia as it still was. Never. Again.

This has nothing to do with pilots, more with machines themselves. Back then you were flying on USSR-produced machines, now they use the same Boeings and Airbuses as everywhere.

With regards to safety one should check two things:

1. If this airline flies to/from EU (Aeroflot does);

2. If they are not in EU blacklist: http://ec.europa.eu/transport/modes/air/safety/air-ban/index_en.htm

My first flight with Aeroflot was Calcutta to Amsterdam with 3 days in Moscow. Except I missed flight to Amsterdam because hotel messed up with airport bus. So I had 4 days in Moscow, last day locked in airport hotel because no visa.

Flight with Aeroflot to Vienna which was fine. But the flight from Vienna to Amsterdam was with Air Balkan. They obviously flew Aeroflot rejected planes because that was one scary flight. I'll agree with never again on that point.

And yes nowadays Aeroflot flies mainly Airbus. Maybe the odd Boeing also.

You're in India again? Noice!

I usually do my veggie meal and seat reservations after I've bought the ticket. On the website there should be a 'Manage your Booking' section where you can specify this, reserve seats, ask for strollers on arrival, special needs etc.

Never flown Aeroflot though so cant say if its the same procedure but your ticket clearly says its upon reauest so not 'confirmed'. I would also call their international customer service number, I'd guess around the clock works because its a central hotline and reconfirm the veggie request.

Also do that 24 hour online check-in thing which is a good way to recheck your requirements. Food is serious business.

Agree with frigitar_ you need to book the meals when you book ticket. Or go into your booking online and request. This will then show up on your booking. Always worked with LH, BA, AC and even Transat. Do not assume they will plenty on board.

In addition, it is best to call at least 4 days in advance and confirm the special meal request.

I've been to the Aeroflot website and changed my meal preference from none to asian vegetarian.

When I was booking with Opodo they had a meal choice option so I put vegetarian. I can only conclude that as a result of this the helpfully printed on my ticket that I had the option of requesting a vegetarian meal directly from the airline.

but one has to ask WTF??? Why ask for meal preference and then ignore it.

But I've booked with Opodo in the past and they always passed on my meal preference.