Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

FRA airport internet access

7 posts in this topic

Quick question: I am connecting through FRA airport for my long Xmas trip. I am trying to travel light and wasn't going to take my phone (as it doesn't work where I'm going, and I'll have a Kindle anyway, which I prefer for wifi due to the bigger screen)...but I can't remember if I need it at FRA airport to get onto the free WIFI - at some airports, you get sent the WIFI password via SMS...is that the case at FRA, or is there another way (particularly now they have 24-hr free access)?

I'd normally be happy to not bother with the internet for the transfer period - but I'd really like to try to check in for my onward flight and have to leave home just slightly before the online check in opens.

Thanks - I assume that means the code does indeed get sent to the mobile phone...? (FRA now has 24hr free access, btw).

SP: I would meet you for a coffee (quite apart from the internet potential involved)! But I have 90 mins between planes best case...and knowing FRA, that can easily end up being a rush..

Shame...

IF you have D-Telekom at home.., then look at their website for "Hotspot"...

If you subscribe to that package, I beleive you just enter your password...

G

na, crap...

But it looks like I may be able to check in before leaving home...seems 36hrs before may be possible..

Just stand close to the Luftwaffe business lounge and you should be able to get on to the free internet by simply opening your browser and signing on to the Telekom wifi.

This works in most airports that I visit(Leipzig, Berlin (Tegel), Dusseldorf.