Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Attending BTU fall 2016

4 posts in this topic

I am interested in applying to BTU-Cottbus to attend a masters program in the fall of 2016. I also plan on visiting the campus summer, 2015. Does anyone have any suggestions on when would be the best time to visit and talk to admissions? Or if there is anyone who has any general advise on attending school there I am wading in the dark here getting as much information online as I can. I really appreciate it!

German universities are generally not set up for visits by those interested in studying at their institution, so a visit to speak to admissions will likely be a waste of time and money - nor is there usually a campus, i.e. a separate small town composed just of uni buildings and shops, as at US unis.

Check the DAAD website for info on the university and the entry requirements, and the Anabin database to find out whether you can apply for direct entry into the program.

What exactly do you want to know? If you have questions about admissions, contact the BTU directly as already suggested.

If you have other questions, you need to be more specific.

For example, I know quite a few students who studied/are studying there and a common complaint is that it almost impossible to find a part-time job. A few lucky students manage to work part-time at the university and earn about 250€/month and others take the train to Berlin.