Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New job in Karlsruhe: Advice on where to live

6 posts in this topic

I am joining for my new job in Karlsruhe starting May 2015. Would appreciate your feedbacks which is a better place to stay...Karlsruhe or Heidelberg? Whats the travel time by car between the two places? Also i would like my kids to join either Heidelberg Intl. school or European School in Karlsruhe...any sugeestions on that? Looking forward to your individual experiences and tips!!!

its 58 Km from Karlsruhe to Heidelberg on a very busy and often backed up motorway .Karlsruhe right now is not a great place due to a tunnel being built under the centre of it! I would say look for a town on the outskirts of Karlsruhe it is a lot cheaper and send the Kids to Karlsruhe due to the distance

Thanks for your suggestions. We are looking to stay in Durlach or Waldstadt.There seeems to be a transport service directly organized from the schiool.It would be nice if anyone give me a feedback on the European School in Karlsruhe.

Hi Chiro3,

Did you manage to find a suitable accommodation in the place of your choice already? I am planning to move to Karlsruhe/Heidelberg soon (presently residing in Tuebingen) since I have a job offer from there. Could you please share with me your experience of finding housing options in there?

Others, please add your thoughts wrt my query..

Thanks in advance!

Hi Chiro3,

I live in Karlsruhe Durlach and I can say it is a nice place to line in, it's almost like a separate village with old cobblestone streets, at least the central part.

It's true that it can get a bit more expensive than the outskirt but I really enjoy the luxury of having more tram-train option that bring me to the Karlsruhe city center in 10-15 minutes.

If we meed more details about Durlach you can ask. Regarding the School I don't have any details.