Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Vacation in Singapore and Malaysia for 2-3 weeks

45 posts in this topic

The haze last year was very bad. We suffered through it for a week before heading to Germany for our summer holidays. This year was hardly noticeable.

Anyhow, have any of y'all experienced Borneo, Malaysia?

Hi there,

I am planning for a two week trip to Malaysia starting from Christmas and ends on 10 January 2015.

i have a rough idea about peninsular Malaysia where to go, however i take few recommendations/ suggestions as well

KL, Batu Caves, Sunway Lagoons, Penang, Langkawi (thinking to have new year there),Taman Negara, Cameron Highland and Perhentian island, Melaka.

then to East Malaysia Borneo for few days, for which i am not sure it would be right time to be there like beginning of January? any recommedation which places to visit there and for how many days in Borneo. would love to watch orangutans and turtle beach etc.

so if anyone kind enough to route plan this trip how to manage in a best way and which places really worth to watch. i am open to edit, omit places.

thanks

regards

Cash

Sorry I don't have much time to reply fully. The most important thing to mention is that you should be aware of the monsoon season. Having lived on North east islands, monsoon is miserable and basically tourism closes down. I'm not sure how Borneo is affected. Just have a Google.

All the best