Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Removing Your Name From Telefonbuch.de

6 posts in this topic

When we arrived here and got the phone connected somehow we also got placed into the phone book and also onto the internet site (www.telefonbuch.de). How the h*ll do we get our name and address removed from the website and the local printed telephone directory? Thanks.

from the telekom should not be too hard just send them a letter stating you want it removed. the online services get their info from the telekom the thing is there are more than just one! www.dasoertliche.de is another

Great! If I write to Telekom, can they get the number and address removed from ALL the other websites?

You'll probably find that you have to contact each site individually to have your name removed from their database. I think they are obliged to remove the data on request, according to German data protection/privacy laws.

As for Telekom, you might want to have a look at the privacy statements on any contracts you signed with them. If they've sold your information to 3rd parties, it's most likely that you signed something that gives them the permission to do so.

A friend of mine that lived above me in Germany, his surname wasn't one that was easy to spell and it's quite an English name.

Anyway, the telephone company put him in the telephone book with the incorrect spelling.

Guess what, the TV licensing people were sending him letters with the incorrect spelling not long afterwards.