Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Problems with Air Baltic flight, delays and costs

26 posts in this topic

We were more than 10 people in the same flight taking same flight.. if it was only one person than it should have made sense not to wait but when it is more than 10 people, don't u think they should have contacted and find a solution??

Regarding taking taxi, I was not sure if I should stay in Helsinki or travel to tampere at that late night. If it was only travel for the bus doesn't matter. When u travel from early morning to late night, you will find how stressful it was.

And for your kind information I had not claimed for that taxi charged too.. I had claimed for bus tickets.

I do not think you should be so aggressive unless u r the one related with that airline. . Before judging others, check whole scenario not just simply comments. .

My post was not at all aggressive and also not judging. I merely stated the facts.

When u travel from early morning to late night, you will find how stressful it was.

Coming from NZ and travelling regularly all around the world, I probably have more experience of travelling for long periods of time than you do. I know all about the stress of long trips. Working out what to do if things don't go smoothly is just good sense.

The airline is not liable for you "not being sure" how you want to deal with the situation. They are (according to other posters; I'm still not convinced they can't get out of it) liable for extra costs which were unavoidable as a result. On top of the compensation just for the delay (regardless of extra costs).

If you can't deal with the additional time and the risks involved with taking cheaper deals, then I begin to agree with Darkknight that you should pay the extra for the non-stop flight - then you wouldn't have the stress of travelling for so long.

Actually, now you are starting to sound aggressive yourself - I'm starting to wonder how your tone was towards the staff at Riga airport.

Yes I am angry with the staffs of Riga because they treated bad to me and my friend.. do u feel good if they treat u badly? ?

Regarding extra costs, do u really think customers are meant to manage extra costs beforehand going any other trips.. well I am not convinced with your point of view.

Yes if I was a person from that airlines, then I would think like the way u comment. But sorry I am an ordinary customers, who will think as any ordinary person.

And it is not acceptable that any airlines doesn't care their customers. .

I had also traveled to many countries. . And only airBaltic is the one which end up with worst scenario. .

Yes I am angry with the staffs of Riga because they treated bad to me and my friend.. do u feel good if they treat u badly? ?

Regarding extra costs, do u really think customers are meant to manage extra costs beforehand going any other trips.. well I am not convinced with your point of view.

Yes if I was a person from that airlines, then I would think like the way u comment. But sorry I am an ordinary customers, who will think as any ordinary person.

And it is not acceptable that any airlines doesn't care their customers. .

I had also traveled to many countries. . And only airBaltic is the one which end up with worst scenario. .

As I alluded to before, this is a cultural trait in Latvia. Having done something like 15 - 20 trips there and back for work in the past then I spent many weeks in the country as did many of my colleagues, and we all had the same impression of the country and its people and we all had the same problems.

There is no culture of customer care in this country, even in industries such as hotels where you need this it was very, very poor. Many people take the view that because you are from a western country then you are rich, and they then try and rip you off. My company was sending about 10 - 15 people per week to Riga (for about 2 years) for work purposes and we had so many problems with Taxi drivers and overcharging it was unbelieveable. In the end the company had to make a contract with a specific taxi company and use a voucher scheme to get round this but some drivers still tried it on and tried to charge 'extras' or reject the vouchers!

We also had problems with a hotel (an international brand) who overcharged and wrongly charged our CEO, and many other colleagues. This resulted in them losing a contract with us worth 10's of thousands of euros per year for the benefit of a few hundred euros!

And myself and many colleagues also had problems with Air Baltic (this was before the EU 261 law), and they would not give you information, and not help you if you had problems and they just did not care. The same attitude that you speak off.

Of course I have also met some very nice, friendly and helpful people from Latvia, so they are not all like this and not all bad, but culturall there is no service attitude.

Ive been to Latvia many many times for work. Never been ripped off by a taxi never been ripped off at the hotel. And the only time ive had a delayed flight was coz berlin had a bomb scare.

The airline even offers "late arrival " insurance. I fly over 100 times a year and the only one i have continual trouble on is SAS. Theyre fucking useless.