Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Compensation for changed flight

26 posts in this topic

It is (was?) a US Airways aircraft/flight. "Air Berlin xyz# flight operated by US Airways." BA and Air Berlin have booked (shared? bought? I don't know the correct terminology) seats on the US Airways aircraft.

I checked BA, it seems they have updated their info as the only direct flight is now the 0920a.

@ OP it's a 'codeshare' flight. As there is no other flight to switch you to that would not connect, it doesn't seem that there is anything that can be done as you have stated you don't want to connect enroute to CLT and that would be the only other option for a later flight. .

Well this is rather anti-climatic but Expedia will not budge or offer anything like a hotel room at the airport. We will take the 09:20am flight from Frankfurt. In the future I will try my very hardest to avoid using Expedia and also US Airways. I understand the nature of the air industry but if I book a flight I need to trust that it stays on schedule. US Airways has shown me that this is not so possible with them.

That can happen with any airline, so good luck with that thought....I have clients booked in June to St Vincent for Christmas both Air Canada and Liat has changed the flight times on different occasions.

The only positive on the Liat St Vincent Barbados return is that his wait time is cut a few hours, he had a 6 hour layover in Barbados.

Another client booked in June to Tampa in Feb, AC changed the return from 8pm to 7am, meaning she would have to be at airport 5am, I was able to get it changed to a later flight as AC offered more than one flight per day, which is not an option in your case, as you don't want to get a later connecting flight.

I could go on re sked changes, but won't.

It was not the fault of Expedia, so they are not obligated in any to offer you comp hotel.

In your case there is nothing that really could be done as there wasn't an alternative flight...by time you are ready to go, they may change again and then you maybe able to get one that is more suitable to you needs. Good luck

Yep, if you strike off your list every airline or agency who does this, you won't have any left.It's annoying, but shit happens.