Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Phone Cards - Long Distance Calls From Germany

7 posts in this topic

Someone has recommended that I use a Bananas calling card for long distance calls...seem awfully low rates to me! Does anyone use them? Are they for real? :huh:

ali

I haven't heard of a bananas card but I have used the Euroxtra card. It is 0,8 cent per minute to the UK but that is only if you use the card in one go. I get a 5€ card which is 562 minutes worth of calling time but if you make shorter calls and more often (which I do) you don't get the full amount of minutes as there is some sort of connection fee. I find a 5€ card lasts for a few long (say 1 hour) phone calls to the UK.

I am sure other people will say there are cheaper ways with the pre dial numbers etc but in my experience the cards are better as they can't change the rates without you knowing. Also no big phone bill at the end of the month. ;)

So I can say they are for real but not as cheap as they make out due to the connection costs/minimum charge. Still cheaper than Telekom.. :P

thanks for the info sweety! the Bananas card offers rates of 1 cent to the UK and 2 cents to New Zealand! :o even with the connection charge, that is cheap!!!

ali

should be able to...they claim to be Europe's most popular card!!! They have an info number: 01805-666 710. hmmm...666 eh? beastly... :huh:

ali