Paying Amazon.de using direct debit

10 posts in this topic

Hi there guys. I made an order online for some text books at Amazon.de a couple of days ago, and I placed all my bank account info when asked to do so under the payment info. If I am going to pay via the direct debit option, should I notify the bank first, or should providing my bank account info suffice? My order has already been shipped, and I am worried that the payment won't be processed. Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

No, you don't have to notify the bank first. If your order was shipped yesterday or today, your bank account will be debited Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Don't worry.

Thank you soo much for the reply. Needed the books for my studies, so was really worried. Thanks again for the reply, greatly appreciate it.

I wanted to revive this old thread, I have the same question...I entered my bank info into Amazon.de's site and ordered a book to test it...it worked fine, the book came yesterday.  but since then I've been trying to order other things, and all transactions have been declined, with no reason given, it just says to pay by some other means.  I don't want to pay with some other means, I want to use my German bank account--that's why I have it!

I cannot find any way to contact Amazon directly to find out what the problem is--does anyone have any suggestions or contact info for Amazon?  This is driving me a  bit crazy, please help!

There should be a support link somewhere on your Amazon account page.

Granted, it is well hidden in my memory serves me correctly, but you can send them a mail. In my experience Amazon support are quite quick to reply.

Maybe better to apply dot an Amazon credit card if they will give you one. Depends on if you can get a better one and how much you buy from Amazon.

Have you tried contacting your bank? Maybe they are declining the payment?

There's normally a link where you can send an email to customer service. You can write in English if you like. I've done it in the past and their customer service seemed quite good.

Thanks, I'd initially spent about 15 minutes looking for an e-mail contact without success, but after your posts I went back and found it.  I've e-mailed Amazon and will post here about what the problem was.

I'm hoping not to spend most of my day on this, so would like to get a response from Amazon before contacting my bank--generally I'm not impressed with my bank (DB) and am not anticipating much success in dealing with them...

It's possible that your purchase pattern (1 book as low-value item, followed by high-value items) triggered their anti-fraud algorithms. I doubt it has anything to do with Deutsche Bank.

I'm sure Amazon customer service will get you sorted out.

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone found a fix for this problem? I have DB also and am having similar issues. I made purchases for several months using my account and then all of a sudden they decline my account which has lots of money in it. I went to the bank and they have no record of any transaction attempts from Amazon.de yet the amazon staff that I speak to when I use the "contact me now" say that it is on the DB side, not on the Amazon side. On top of it, the representative sends an official investigation request to the billing department and they let the purchase continue using the account but I've had to call 3 times for my last 3 purchases. Has anyone found a permanent fix or have a better way to contact amazon.de staff about this? I came from GA where we had a distribution center around the corner from our flat so we love Amazon and if we can't pay by account we will have to stop using it! 

Cheers from Jena! 

Hello!

I am facing the exact same problem now and the customer service rep literally told me "...this happens at times because of our routine checks just because... just because.". Now I am stuck. I can't buy anything on Amazon using direct debit. I don't have (and don't intend to own) a credit card, and neither do I want to buy over the counter gift vouchers. Any solutions at all?

On 4/14/2016, 10:29:45, El Jeffo said:

It's possible that your purchase pattern (1 book as low-value item, followed by high-value items) triggered their anti-fraud algorithms. I doubt it has anything to do with Deutsche Bank.

I'm sure Amazon customer service will get you sorted out.

I have bought some stuff over the last couple months that I have been in Germany, none of them being more than 20 EUR each.

The worst thing is that they know that it's a false alarm on their algorithm's part, but they can't unblock my account for purchase!