Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Commuting from Furth / Nuremberg to Zirndorf

4 posts in this topic

Commuting from Furth / Nürnberg (Nuremberg) to Zirndorf

Hello, I've applied for a job in Zirndorf and am looking at the options of commuting from either Nürnberg (Nuremberg) or Furth. The station I need to get to is Zirndorf which is on the R11. I'm wondering if anyone here does this commute and if they could tell me how it is?

Ideally I would like to live in Nürnberg but don't want to spend more than 1 hour commuting.

It is very simple.

From Nürnberg take any train, bus or underground that goes to Furth Main Station. From there take the R11 which leaves about every 30mins to Cadolzburg. The R11 only runs between Furth main station and Cadolzburg. A few stops later, get off at Zirndorf. It really is not that far at all. I commuted to Cadolzburg twice a week for about a year, and so I am quite familiar with this route.

I do not live in Fürth, but from those who live there, I hear, life is good if you are in a nice area. Personally I think that the area around Ikea would be a good place to live. There are about 7 supermarkets all in the same area. Tons of little restaurants, banks, and gas stations. The bus runs often and can quickly take you to the underground within 5 -10 mins. You can also walk from Ikea to the underground. It might take about 15 mins, but it really is not far.

If I move again I would probably move to that area. It is also not too far from the country side. So within 5 mins you can be in a nice quiet peaceful surrounding.