What's good in Göttingen? Finding what's great

9 posts in this topic

Finding my place here has been more of an adjustment than I had expected. I spend lots of time exploring, trying new things and going to new places in town, but I haven't found my niche yet. I want to appreciate it a bit more and do something different. What are your favorite things to do here in Göttingen? This place is very endearing to many people, but I haven't yet uncovered its charm. Are there some places that you particularly enjoy? Hidden gems I should check out? What are the best things about this town that you want to share with the world (or protect fiercely). It doesn't matter how big or how small, I want to hear everything why this place is special to you. Most of the people I know and work with are transplants to the area, and don't have a great idea about the town's history and local specialties.

Any help would be very much appreciated!!

I will start off with one-- the marzipan cake at the Praline Werkstatt..

The Stadtfriedhof. Apart from being the final resting place of a lot of great scientists, it is a beautiful place to walk in.

Cheltenham Park. Albani Friedhof is near the park. You might find the place Gauss rest.

pub quiz (in English) at the queen's head (next is this coming Sunday)