Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Turkey shopping around Frankfurt / Darmstadt

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

As the topic title indicates, I am looking for suggestions as to where I can buy a turkey around the Darmstadt/Frankfurt area. I know Walmart do frozen ones but I was wondering if there was a good source of fresh turkeys. The local butchers tend to give the same reaction for turkey as when you try to buy lamb - blank stare, try to sell you some nice pork and so on :-)

I know that asking about "turkey in frankfurt" opens up the possibilty of all kinds of gags relating to the demographics of the area but I am really interested in the avarian type of turkey, rather than the country :-)

Also, are there any shops in the same area doing Paxo and the like? I know there used to be M&S in Frankfurt...

Grateful for any help..

Ciao

JG

We got one recently from the klein market. There is butcher there who sells fresh ones. You can get Paxo from the expat shop, or you can make your own its really easy (and it tastes better)

I saw eleven free-range turkeys running around in Frankfurt a couple of weeks ago.

They were playing VfB Stuttgart. :lol:

We gave up looking and ordered a frozen one from Expat.

There's lots been sold out in the farms around me so I would imagine its the same in the Frankfurt area...go for a drive in the country on saturday?

JG, being the Walmart fan that you are, I thought you'd get one there..

I tried, to get Turkeys from a couple of Butchers, and they mostly didn't have any. They ordered one for me adn they aere always small and very expensive.

Chicken again for Christmas..

I got a fresh one last year at Real, it was not the biggest but was very tender. They had plenty during the last Christmas week. As for Paxo, the new English Shop in Frankfurt stocks it I think, I list their details below so you can check.

As for Expat Shopping in Kronberg it is now closed so your only chance would be the new Frankfurt Shop.

Hope this helps

DJ

A Taste of Britain

Oeder Weg 34

60318 Frankfurt

069/95929474

Taste of Britain - Online Shop