Neighbours trespassing in my backyard

83 posts in this topic

On 9/8/2019, 12:12:00, lisa13 said:

I really and sincerely don't know what you're looking for here.

That's what the lady is thinking...hence, her behavior.

On 9/8/2019, 7:00:41, snowingagain said:

But tips on how to deal with these situations.

Let the authorities do their job. Inform them of the situation as it arises. Keep notes of incidents with regard to frequency and intensity. People who take decisions need good information to take good decisions. 

You do not need to be an ass at the same time. 

On 8/30/2019, 12:51:22, nsuffield said:

"This is a bit of an old thread, but I thought I'd share.

We kept finding that things in our garden were being rearranged when we were out. ....

Admittedly she is a little bit 'special'. .... he can't get her to take her medication. "

This actually sounds like it isn't really her fault either... she is obviously not well. Sad, and I feel sorry for you having to deal with this. 
I have been in your shoes more than once! 
When I was a child, in the USA, a mentally ill woman moved into an apartment beneath us. Was horrible, she started a fire! As a teen we lived behind a woman who would occasional forget her meds and throw whole loafs of wonder bread and other things over the fence. 
Then again as an adult!!! My neighbor across the street would sometimes forget his meds, and then barricade himself with things on his porch, thinking he was in Vietnam again. That was the most frightening! Because he would stare at me when I went outside and I feared he'd try to break in or something! 

I would suggest that if you decide to have kids yourself or have kids around, that you might consider a new place.