What made you smile today?

5,716 posts in this topic

my son 4 yrs stepping into a dispute of 2 kids. A girl about 10 ish and a boy about 8 yrs quarrelling and my son stepping in front of the girl looking towards the boy and telling the girl "I am protecting you". Daredevil.

It makes me smile (on topic) to see the frustration of valued members as Texmex, Kathieliz, and the rest involved in this convoluted, yet pointed at two original members creating enough drama and discontent that we well lose many of the posters that actually take the time and effort to help the people that really need it (whew, pause). We had a member murdered....help was there, we had a member searching for a family member who ended up dead....help was there, we had so many distressed issues, drownings, car wrecks, sudden deaths and illnesses, people in dire need. I could go on and on and on and on. But that's what makes me smile....The way TT used to be. :)

[self-censored remark.]

Thanks, Techsmex, you're one of the Good Guys.

I feel so elated that I have been designated a 'valued' member by NBJ, awwww shucks, blushing and quite taken aback.. But, the icing on the cake is to be crowned one of the 'good guys' by the classy katheliz, now that is just too much (tears in my eyes) I've gone from smiles to happy, maybe this should be transferred to the happy thread? Mods? what say ye?

the pastor's dog , at the Norwegian church, decided he wanted to be part of the service.

post-10916-14288488042112_thumb.jpg

I hope this post doesn't disappear.

( I may have posted this before, memory not too clever these days )

I went to the dentist this morning and opened the outer door, on the inner door it says "Open wide".

Well, it wasn't today, but on Saturday, while at Ikea (for my sister-in-law, I would never go there voluntarily on a Saturday), I rolled up to the back of my car with my cart and a couch in three boxes and started to load them. The three boxes were quite large and unwieldly. Parked next to me was an older lady, at least 75-80 years old, who was skinny as a bird and couldn't have been more than 5 feet tall. As I was loading the first box, she nicely asked, "Do you need some help?"

Don't know what she could have done, unless her large grandson was hiding somewhere, but the offer was quite nice and made me smile.

Was at a motorbike meeting yesterday ,there was me and ten german mates in a mininbus on the way to a bowling alley in the evening when the driver said that kate had had a baby princess,so i started singing loudly god save the queen and then my ten german mates joined in and sang along nicely,was a nice moment :)

Sadly I never had chance to stop and take a picture, but passing a backstreet garage (car workshop) with the name "Auto Hell" emblazoned across the building certainly brought a smile to my face today.

I smile every time I walk by the interior decorating firm that offers Bad Design.

I smile every time I walk by the interior decorating firm that offers Bad Design.

Or a Markt Schwaben company called Geinger who offer Bad Ideas :lol: