What made you smile today?

4,516 posts in this topic

Remembering that i kissed my now wife of twenty years for the first time twenty five years ago today :) still enjoying the kisses ;)

7 minutes ago, bobbylines said:

Remembering that i kissed my now wife of twenty years for the first time twenty five years ago today :) still enjoying the kisses ;)

Still getting kisses? Lucky bastard.

mine is a day off from being moaned at.

17 minutes ago, jeremy said:

Still getting kisses? Lucky bastard.

mine is a day off from being moaned at.

Oh i still get moaned at , but always a kiss at the end :)

SI850224.jpg.aff817bcf6d1226a20b3f631915

It was the starting station for the train, like they couldn't make it a round 14:00 :)

It's Switzerland, you know how famous they are for their clocks! (Pünktlich wie die schweizer Uhr!)

19 hours ago, bobbylines said:

Oh i still get moaned at , but always a kiss at the end :)

Wow, after all of your stories of being married forever, but still zooming around on motorcycles with a goodlooking Mrs Bobbylines with a fresh do', I am starting to think you are a happy couple indeed.

*starts looking what Mr Metall is up to* :D

I wonder if US would be satisfied with the Term "righteous Propaganda", since "Propaganda" is apparently only from the Russians:

On 15.10.2016, 14:43:31, BobUK said:

SI850224.jpg.aff817bcf6d1226a20b3f631915

It was the starting station for the train, like they couldn't make it a round 14:00 :)

I think it's intentional to indicate that this train will depart strictly at 14:01 and that you shouldn't be even one minute late. In Switzerland you can correct your clock time by train departure. Actually, such departure times are used in Germany as well.

31 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

I think it's intentional to indicate that this train will depart strictly at 14:01 and that you shouldn't be even one minute late.

I understand Swiss Trains punctuality, but a time like 14:00 could also be used to prove that point.

When one checks the timetable of the trains there, it's noticeable that they all avoid the minutes that fall in quarters - 00, 15, 30, 45. It's not a long term study, but something I've noticed quite often. I could be wrong too.

But if that particular train were to leave at 14:00, then the timetable of every other train on the network would need to be adjusted by a minute, and you'd simply wind up with another train elsewhere leaving at 1 minute past.

57 minutes ago, RelativeDimensions said:

But if that particular train were to leave at 14:00, then the timetable of every other train on the network would need to be adjusted by a minute, and you'd simply wind up with another train elsewhere leaving at 1 minute past.

Not really (I'm no expert, jut commenting based on personal logicB)). If this train, out of pure will for shits has to leave one minute earlier just for this one time, the next train in the line only gets a minute later (not late, just the passengers waiting at the station happen to see a minute more difference). And the time between it and the train ahead gets decreased by a minute.

The problem occurs at the terminal. Either this early bird can compensate for that minute by waiting at a major station on the way a minute more, or the train ahead of it has to cut short it's halt at the terminal by a minute (this is assuming that there is a major danger because of that minute difference).