What made you smile today?

6,311 posts in this topic

Heard it on the live radio, dstanners! Thanks for the video link!❤️❤️

Dunno which rule the out falls under! Never seen anything like it in my life!

In the Kita on the first floor. Standing on the top stair down to the ground floor as I lock the child safety gates. Work colleague Anja walks past and stops and stares. And stares. Eventually...

Chelski: "What?"

Anja: "Nothing. I don't want to offend you..."

Chelski: "You wont offend me..."

(Pause)

Chelski: "What!?"

Anja: "Umm... has anyone ever told you, the way you look, your facial expressions, even the way you act and speak... you really look like Hannibal Lecter?"

(Mother walking by after dropping off her child and hearing the last sentence bursts into laughter and shouts "I agree!")

Anja: "Have I offended you?"

Chelski: "Absolutely not. I take it as a compliment. Thank you."

1 hour ago, Chelski said:

Chelski: "Absolutely not. I take it as a compliment. Thank you."

I take it because Hannibal Lecter looks a lot like Anthony Hopkins, doesn't he?

1 hour ago, bramble said:

I take it because Hannibal Lecter looks a lot like Anthony Hopkins, doesn't he?

I initially read your comment as a chicken and egg question @bramble.

After reflection with the SE7EN voices in my head, we agreed that I look nothing like Sir Anthony Hopkins (he has 25 years on me), yet in his Oscar™ winning best actor performance as Hannibal Lecter in The Silence of the Lambs, we do share a striking resemblance. 

How my work colleague Anja picked up on my own sociopathic, cannabalistic personality traits is beyond me. But she was incredibly polite (I only eat the rude) when posing her questions. Therefore she still enjoys a happy life as a loving wife and mother, and a trusted colleague at work. Never once have I thought about adding her to my dinner table.

Hope that helps.

On 6/25/2022, 1:04:18, Chelski said:

How my work colleague Anja picked up on my own sociopathic, cannabalistic personality traits is beyond me. But she was incredibly polite (I only eat the rude) when posing her questions. Therefore she still enjoys a happy life as a loving wife and mother, and a trusted colleague at work. Never once have I thought about adding her to my dinner table.

Hope that helps.

https://assets.amuniversal.com/2fa22640d202013ab217005056a9545d

I've walked past this fish shop for years and never noticed the main attraction until today!:lol:

IMG_9288.jpg

The University of Maastricht has a nice return on ransom money they paid in Bitcoin to cyberhackers in 2019. Police recovered it. They paid €200,000 and receive back €500,000 , because the crypto coin increased in value :).

They will use the money to help students in financial need: https://www.ruetir.com/2022/07/02/maastricht-university-gets-ransom-money-back-from-hackers-with-profit/

We’re loving the summer great butterfly awakening. Our buddleias are full of bees and butterflies…mainly peacocks just now. Looking forward to seeing all the other varieties soon.  We regularly cut spent flowers, so new ones grow quickly. Our lawn clover islands have taken over most of our lawn now. Lovely to see so many bees. 

01A28043-5E27-49DE-B876-B716FEF4133F.jpe

Sorting out some old photos today and getting ready to post some stuff to Hamburg! I remember this encounter...coca leaf in mouth!

IMG_9339 (002).jpg

On 6/24/2022, 4:04:18, Chelski said:

It must be very tempting though. Anja is clearly a woman of good taste, and I'm sure she'd taste good, especially with those Fava beans.