What made you smile today?

6,113 posts in this topic

G ood news doesn’t get any more in-your-face than this. One thousand fin whales, one of the world’s biggest animals, were seen last week swimming in the same seas in which they were driven to near-extinction last century due to whaling. It’s like humans never happened.

Guardian version

Twitter link (from Guardian)

Finally, a use for British sausages

(sorry folks, I never could stand them - give me salami anytime)

Here a dog gets rescued by a drone and a sausage :

Stranded dog saved from rising tide after rescuers attach sausage to drone

Team in Hampshire ties sausage to drone as ‘last resort’ to rescue Millie the jack russell from mudflats

As the tide rose, it began to look perilous for Millie the jack russell-whippet cross, who had defied the
efforts of police, firefighters and coastguards to pluck her from treacherous mudflats.

So the rescuers had to think imaginatively, and came up with the idea of attaching a sausage to a drone
and hoping the scent of the treat would tempt Millie to safety.
It worked gloriously and Millie has been reunited with her grateful owner after following the
dangling sausage to higher, safer ground.

The greasy leftovers

8 hours ago, Janx Spirit said:

spotify.jpg.9feeaddf355c07a16cf67d0b6829

God, I remember those days, Janx!😂

Looking for a pencil etc!😂😂

PS: have to admit.. dunno what Spotify is...😂

2 hours ago, HH_Sailor said:

Finally, a use for British sausages

(sorry folks, I never could stand them - give me salami anytime)

Here a dog gets rescued by a drone and a sausage :

The greasy leftovers

Lovely story, HH❤️

Sausages? Yeah, well, I remember a Bed and Breakfast in Ireland about 25 years ago and the choice for breakfast was English or Irish breakfast.

" What's the difference?"

" The Irish sausages or English sausages."

I went for the Irish sausages as a non-neo-colonial  fascist English imperialist tourist!😂

Gimme German sausages anytime ( or the local Cretan ones!).

😀

I seem to remember the Ulster Fry had a square of sausage on it, like Lorne sausage.

Good, but not as good as German sausage - you know they put meat in the sausage here, John? Imagine!

Video by a Cheetah Conservation organisation in South Africa….that crowded feeling trying to sleep….

We had the centenary of the handover of Dublin castle last week and today marks the 50th anniversary of the signing of the treaty of accession to the European Economic Community by Ireland:

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2022/0121/1274981-eu-accession-treaty/

Oh Denmark, Norway and some other country I've forgotten also signed on the same day, marking the first expansion of the EEC since its founding.

Love Sweet Love (Jackie DeShannon's version) was one of the songs that was playing on the radio as I took my three children on a coast-to-coast road trip in a VW bug, along with Satisfaction, What's New Pussycat, Summer in the City, Beatles songs, Sugar Pie Honey Bunch, You Were on My Mind, Downtown, My Girl. It was the summer of 1965 and it was the best of musical times.

And since Beth's post, I have listened to Dionne's live concert at the Java Jazz Fest in Jakarta in 2018. She was 77. I got up and danced to Brazil. Had a big old grin on my face the last half watching all of those Indonesians singing the lyrics. I think you will really like it, katheliz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5aYddC-78o

Thank you BethAnn.