What made you smile today?

6,113 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

Thanks. Your link didn't work for me.

Try this one:

https://www.merkur.de/lokales/muenchen/altstadt-lehel-ort43327/hofbraeuhaus-stammgast-ueber-hinaus-5975048.amp.html

Bierkrugtresor: Im Hofbräuhaus gibt es Stammgäste über den Tod hinaus

München - Im Hofbräuhaus gibt es Bierkrugtresore für 616 Stammgäste. Lesen Sie, was es mit dieser Münchner Geschichte auf sich hat.

Der Bierkrugtresor im Münchner Hofbräuhaus ist legendär. Wer hier ein Fach für seinen steinernen Krug ergattert hat, gehört zum engsten Kreis der Stammgäste im berühmtesten Brauhaus der Welt.

616 Fächer gibt es, 3500 registrierte Stammgäste warten darauf, eines von ihnen zugewiesen zu bekommen. Doch nur wenn eines frei wird,

kann ein neuer Besitzer es belegen. Und in einem seltenen Fall noch nicht einmal dann. Denn das Bierkrugfach mit der Nummer 124 wird so bald an keinen neuen Stammgast gehen, und das, obwohl sein Besitzer schon im Frühjahr 2012 gestorben ist.

Just a few sec of C. Drosten admitting that he started the pandemic...

Whether the rest makes you smile, I couldn't say

(Warning: German humour)

Spoiler alert:
It's called "Satire" in German

8 hours ago, tor said:

Djokobic denied entry into Australia! 

Very good, those immigration burocrats took his phone and put him on the next plane out (to where? )

Doubtless there would have been big protests, lots of trouble outside the tennis grounds (if allowed).

But it reinforces the message, no one should be above the law no matter how rich and famous they are. Good on the Aussies.

5 hours ago, Fietsrad said:

Very good, those immigration burocrats took his phone and put him on the next plane out (to where? )

He has been allowed to stay in quarantine until his appeal is decided, 

I've given up on the Swedish mail "service" since it went private, but Royal Mail still works, it seems. Read the stories linked to the main one too, :)https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-59900687

My parents once got a card delivered in time for Christmas addressed to: Alma and Gunnar, regional postal area name. OK, it was a small area, only about 60.000 inhabitants at the time, but we were impressed.

17 hours ago, Sannerl said:

Ftfy.

Thank you :)

3 hours ago, emkay said:

Thank you :)

You're welcome. Just press "return" after youtube-links.