What made you smile today?

6,176 posts in this topic

Zlatan Ibrahimovic turned 40. Best quotes:“I came as a king and go as a legend.“ „If they replace the Eiffel Tower with my statue, I will stay with PSG.“ A reporter once asked him „How did you get those scratches in your face?“ Zlatan:“Ask your wife.“

Really hard week at work. Finished, drove to pick up Mrs Chelski and proceeded to drive home.

Me: "I want beer."

Mrs C: "Stop at Edeka. I'll wait in the car."

In my local Edeka I purchased a half crate of Paulaner. Plus a can of Jim Beam & Coke. The check out queues were long but I waited patiently. When my time came, like a good German I put one bottle on the conveyor belt and carried the half crate through. Bottle gets handed to me, and as usual it's the "Half crate? That's 10 isn't it?" convo. I play along and smile politely. I get handed the can of JB&C. And in all honesty, I think this is where the problem started...

Because I turned the can horizontally and pushed it into the two rows of beer bottles. I didn't want to carry two things. Totally forgetting of course that a can is a pressurised container and beer bottle caps have spikes. And a pressurised container will always rise.

Next thing was this fine liquid mist appeared to descend from the ceiling. I was confused and looked up. The check-out lady was confused and looked up. But she was quicker than me and make the fatal mistake of reaching for the can. Which then exploded all over her and her workstation.

I'm a considerate shopper. I know what's right and what's wrong. So my first thought was "gotta get another one!" I then fought myself through this wall of stern-faced Germans behind me (I love wearing a mask because "move motherfucker" said in a German death metal accent actually works) who probably had enough in their trolleys to feed a small African nation for a year, back to the fridge.

And when I turned around to come back, the stern-faced Germans had all closed ranks again. WTF? More German death metal grunts got me through back to the check-out. But this is what made me smile today...

The check-out lady was cleaning her work station but not herself. Loads of paper towel so I helped clean her. Dabbing. But she kept laughing; "Ever had a JB&C shower? I have!"

Top lady.

6163e8b4136b6_shatner90.jpg.d56b885f455a

William Shatner says he's 'a little frightened' about going to space
scheduled for October 12th out of Blue Origin’s launch facility in West Texas

1 hour ago, Sannerl said:

I actually first smiled, then cried - I hope this stuff comes back!!

22 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I just wonder how they got studio sound when outside and shoes scraping on the stones.

Excellent sound technician who mixed several sound sources?