What made you smile today?

5,821 posts in this topic

On 23/07/2021, 13:35:34, Sannerl said:

il_794xN.2545146276_j9bz.jpg

I got given a round tuit as a Christmas present a few years ago - can麓t tell if it has really helped, but I like to think so!

On 8/11/2021, 9:40:29, john g. said:

0607D4DC-B8B9-485E-9B5C-8FA3F4C4E959.jpeg

Gone over to the j虏 side, have you John?

Sad.

What on Earth are you talking about, Jeffo? It is a cartoon which made me smile. Nothing more , nothing less. Dear me...

Forgive me if I fail to see the humor in a cartoon that promotes corona conspiracy theories: specifically, that reported corona cases/deaths are too high (and therefore not credible) because doctors and hospitals get paid extra if they state that coronavirus is the diagnosis/cause of death.

This is the original cartoon, BTW, before some COVID denier got hold of it:

john_proof.jpg.fd01671867734383327c04fd2

(source)

What's next? Holocaust jokes?

5 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Forgive me if I fail to see the humor in a cartoon that promotes corona conspiracy theories: specifically, that reported corona cases/deaths are too high (and therefore not credible) because doctors and hospitals get paid extra if they state that coronavirus is the diagnosis/cause of death.

This is the original cartoon, BTW, before some COVID denier got hold of it:

john_proof.jpg.fd01671867734383327c04fd2

(source)

What's next? Holocaust jokes?

Well, according to some folks, if they fucking intend聽for it to be funny, then it's just goddamned funny - even when it's obviously shitty.

43 minutes ago, john g. said:

What on Earth are you talking about, Jeffo? It is a cartoon which made me smile. Nothing more , nothing less. Dear me...

John,聽 you should know better.聽

Don't mention the war...:P

More like "Don't make jokes about the war when you're in the bunker and bombs are falling around you", fucknuts.

Have you never heard of "too soon"? Thought not.

I should know better, Jonny. The usual authoritarian hypocrites are mouthing off again. Jeffo, you love Monty Python, right? " Bring out your dead, bring out your dead." Shame on you, oh dear.

I have no idea anyway what the original cartoon was - didn't even know that there was one. NO, I did NOT - before Alex starts mouthing off again.聽I don't spend all day on the internet ( apart from just about to follow a Test match now.)

The cartoon just seemed to me to be funny as it appeared so " doof." Like a lot of doc/ patient jokes. Remember them?

People send me cartoons sometimes. No less no more.

Jeffo and your authoritarian sidekick Alex ( who loves to bully on here )- you are totally misreading me. As usual.

So to the likes of Jeffo, Alex and co - your attempts at gaslighting will not work.聽

I know, Jonny! Such sad lives! Anyway, I don't want them to jump down my throat! They might get scratches from my dodgy teeth!馃槀

( I am only still on here cos rain has delayed the start of the Test match!). 馃憤

And I could argue that even that 聽is no laughing matter but the bullies on here might find that offensive.

15 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

More like "Don't make jokes about the war when you're in the bunker and bombs are falling around you", fucknuts.

Have you never heard of "too soon"? Thought not.

Sorry Jeff. I live in Munich.聽 Population around 1.5 million.聽 Currently 836 people infected.聽 No idea of the context but if the bombs are falling around me,聽 they must be far away cos I can't hear a thing.聽

21 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Sorry Jeff. I live in Munich.聽 Population around 1.5 million.聽 Currently 836 people infected.聽 No idea of the context but if the bombs are falling around me,聽 they must be far away cos I can't hear a thing.聽

Jonny - it's far worse out in the Alps. There you go mountain biking to sip a cold one high up after a 2000 ft climb, then all of a sudden there comes a thunderstorm and you have to ride down to beat the storm! Downright dangerous and worse than bombs eh?

Soiernweg - Lenggries, Bad T枚lz-Wolfratshausen | MTB-Trail ...

1 hour ago, john g. said:

I should know better, Jonny. The usual authoritarian hypocrites are mouthing off again. Jeffo, you love Monty Python, right? " Bring out your dead, bring out your dead." Shame on you, oh dear.

I have no idea anyway what the original cartoon was - didn't even know that there was one. NO, I did NOT - before Alex starts mouthing off again.聽I don't spend all day on the internet ( apart from just about to follow a Test match now.)

The cartoon just seemed to me to be funny as it appeared so " doof." Like a lot of doc/ patient jokes. Remember them?

People send me cartoons sometimes. No less no more.

Jeffo and your authoritarian sidekick Alex ( who loves to bully on here )- you are totally misreading me. As usual.

To be honest john, I聽 would not bother with Jeffo.

He is not going to be happy until everyone who聽doesn`t agree with him聽gets banned or removes themselves from the forum.

If the mods do聽not obey Jeffo, he and his gang will just start mobbing until they can get that poster to voluntary remove themselves聽from the forum.

Those who dare stand up to Jeffo will very soon find themselves with multiple timeouts.

John you have been warned.

Am I missing something ? Don't know what's so funny about Jeremy using a random alps picture to illustrate a story about .... the alps ?

Oh well.聽 Must be German humour.聽

Sitting outside on a terrace drinking my daily cappuccino. An opera singer is practising in his room with the window open. Enjoyed his version of Nessun Dorma.