What made you smile today?

5,716 posts in this topic

I was watering the plants outside about half an hour ago and my 82 year old  Cretan neighbour, Kaiope, asked me : " where's Nicole?"

" In Germany, things to do bla bla."

She nodded.

She has just delivered me dinner!❤️😂

Like young Black kids who think Malcolm X was Malcolm Ten.

Just been reading about the Berlin Airlift after ww2. Another exciting real-life story that ended well.

Just like 1989 in Germany, some of us are a bit obsessed with that year.

Well, I'm off to Hamburg in the morning and not sure how long I will be there and am leaving puppy Mandy with a friend...so I'd thought I'd better do a little shopping...but be thorough about it!

IMG_6757.jpg

I love this cartoon.

It should be printed and hung at the entrance of every library. :)

I always had a problem with sport and competition. Don't get me wrong competition can be the salt added to fun. Makes fun even more tastier. But for many it's very serious. Winning is      everything - the fun comes once they won. For them winning - that's what it's all about.

Why do children play. Because they have fun doing so.
Someone here on TT told us about parents turning a footy match of there kids into a         nightmare of pressure.

Sometimes I play billiard. I enjoy a good game I loose far more than a poor one I win. The absolute fun killer is an opponent who really wants to win - I can smell his doggedness. And once I realize that, the fun is gone and I only want it to end.

I do not know why the girl is so desperate, may be because she's a child and that's her way of showing disappointment,
may be because her parents spoiled the fun part already.
(they visit a football match in a crowded stadium during a pandemic with a non vaccinated child). However.
There was and is some ugly stuff about her happening. Some people are not shy to humble her and to enjoy that.

Long story short I smile because of this guy and the action he takes.

'A football fan from south Wales is raising money for a young German girl who was abused  online to "show her not everyone in the UK is horrible".

The comments were made by England fans on social media when the little girl was pictured crying in the crowd after England beat Germany in the Euros.

Ex-England player Gary Lineker tweeted: "Absolutely disgusting. Sickening xenophobia."

Joel Hughes has so far raised more than £8,000 for a "nice treat" for the girl'

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-57694686

If she's in a footy club, I suggest, having a friendly and after that, a party with lots of pizzas, sodas, marshmallows and balloons.
And a donation to clubs in a country were the kids can't afford to buy proper boots and football shirts.
Just to give the fun part a chance.

On 6/26/2021, 6:27:48, john g. said:

Well, I'm off to Hamburg in the morning

sorry I will miss you...

Dutch King Willem-Alexander visits the Anna Frank Center in Berlin with his wife. He flew the plane as a co-pilot. Saves money 😊.