What made you smile today?

5,428 posts in this topic

What Bill Gates had to say about Bitcoin -

“If you have less money than Elon, you should probably watch out,” Gates told Bloomberg.

Pretty funny considering that everyone on the planet has less money that Elon --- even Bill Gates.

Well, I suppose we've all done it - parked the car and then, some time later

not been able to locate it immediately again.

My local newspaper reported this case today and I only found it in English in a Saudi newspaper.

But it checks out with the story in German that's all over the net...

A man from a small town in northwestern Germany on the Dutch border left his car in a multi-storey garage, but did not remember exactly where he left it so that he had been looking for it for three weeks.

The 62-year-old left the car in a multi-storey parking lot in Osnabrück, which has a population of about 165,000, in early February, then rushed to an appointment.

“I don’t know how many times we went to Osnabrück to look for her (the car),” his daughter said on Wednesday.

According to the daughter, there was no parking ticket with her father written on it, and the checkpoint was open due to a malfunction in the ticket machine at that time. Her father had driven from his home in Bentheim, Lower Saxony, to Osnabrück for an appointment on February 3.

When he reached the city, he searched in a hurry for a parking lot in the city center, and went to it, but he did not remember his location after that.

Over the past three weeks, the father and daughter have searched several car parks in
Osnabrück that house at least 15 parking garages, including underground parking lots.

Finally, a media call led to the whereabouts of the car on Wednesday, as a citizen called the police, who followed up on the information, according to the daughter. The car was found in the parking lot of a hotel in the city center.

“It is better not to go to Osnabrück anymore and to stay with us in the small town,” the daughter said.

Source: Agencies

The manager of the hotel where the car was parked even waived the €437 parking fee, saying

"he shouldn't have a bad impression of Osnabrück"  

Pledgetimes.com

Stern - in German

On 26.2.2021, 09:58:20, HH_Sailor said:

Just wait until YOU grow old (OK - you are about as old as I am)...

Last November a Dr. proscribed me some Vitamin D tablets.  Wife & I went to nearby supermarket, made various purchases & on way out called

at the Apotheke to get the tablets.

In the car park we transferred everything to the car boot & BOTH of us saw the tablet packet there.

Back home - unpack - distribute everything to where it should be stored - where are the tablets?

Nowhere to be found.  We hunt the whole house down.

Fast forward to a few days ago - the box of Uncle Ben's rice bags in the kitchen was empty so down the the Vorratskeller to get a new box.

And next to the 2 unopened boxes of Uncle Ben's rice was a small box - with the missing tablets...

Thinks: When I go flying this year I'd better follow the written checklists rather than the ones stored in my head.

I know, I know, HEM!😂

We definitely bought some shoelaces the other day. „ John, can you give me the ones you bought for me?“

“ You took them out of the shop, Nicole.“

“ No, YOU did, oder?“

“ „ Did I? Well, I have my new shoes and you have yours.“

We both have new shoes and I remember paying for the shoelaces in a different shop. ( I know! This is Greece!😂)..

Shoes are at home, shopping bags searched, every inch of the car. Nothing, nada, niente..

Senior moments!!

On 26.2.2021, 09:58:20, HH_Sailor said:

My SIL lost her car in a huge carpark in SA and was absolutely certain it had been stolen, even when it turned up in a different section of the same carpark.;)

Me, I have no issue with admitting that we 'lost' ours at least twice at the Metro Centre - that carpark was mahoosive. 

50 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

Mahoosive - 😂 - Is that 🇬🇧 speak or @kiplette speak?  Either way, it’s absolutely fantabulous!  🙏 

No- just blame predictive text!

8 hours ago, BethAnnBitt said:

Mahoosive - 😂 - Is that 🇬🇧 speak or @kiplette speak?  Either way, it’s absolutely fantabulous!  🙏 

It’s Britspeak, I use it too.

9 hours ago, kiplette said:

...lost her car in a huge carpark in SA and was absolutely certain it had been stolen...

My car has been known to get stolen in quite small car parks...:D and a duck breast ended up in the cupboard with some peanuts the other day instead of the fridge. Fortunately I persevered on that one and rescued it before it started to pong... senior moments are one thing and to be expected... but mid-life-ex-post-Covid ones...:unsure:

On 27.2.2021, 20:00:07, HEM said:

Just wait until YOU grow old (OK - you are about as old as I am)...

Well, thanks for the compliment B)

I did once get into the wrong car and wonder who put a blanket on the seat.

The owner was very nice about it once he realised that I'd parked one lane away

in the car park. 

We'd both approached our identical make/mode/colour cars at the same time

and the remotes had unlocked the doors.

It's just that as I came from the side, I didn't see the reg.nr.

I used to lose my mom's white Pontiac in almost every big parking lot when I visited. There were so many white cars in the South. I always had to press the key fob which opened the trunk and made the horn toot in order to find it. I think the lights blinked, too, but it was normally in the day time.

On 27/02/2021, 22:12:19, kiplette said:

My SIL lost her car in a huge carpark in SA and was absolutely certain it had been stolen, even when it turned up in a different section of the same carpark.;)

Me, I have no issue with admitting that we 'lost' ours at least twice at the Metro Centre - that carpark was mahoosive. 

Me too, I "lost" my car twice in the same car park in a shopping centre in Frankfurt, and once on the street when visiting a friend.  I'm very careful now where I park my car.  I've even been known to take a picture of the street name, just in case! :wacko:

I have an App on my dumbfone which not only shows the charge state of the wife's E-auto,

it also shows where it's parked.

I suppose most new cars have this if the car has a SIM card for emergencies.

Flummoxed her when  I showed her

(We've no secrets)

Oh, and I scribble the bay and floor number on tickets from Multi Storey car parks

(ever since I "lost" the car - again)

Fris.jpg

Berlin, Munich, Hamburg (dpo) - It is always the same picture that has presented itself to paramedics all over Germany since Monday morning:

a screaming, heavily bleeding, half-dressed customer and perplexed staff trying to keep half an ear cool.

The long-awaited reopening of hair salons turned into a painful disaster for countless people due to a lack of work routine.

"I... I thought it was like riding a bike, you don't forget," explains Berlin salon owner Genç Ünal

as he mops up the blood of his latest customer. "But unfortunately I thought wrong."

Just like Ünal, thousands of hairdressers across Germany had to realize today that after four months of closure

they have almost completely unlearned their craft.

The cruel result: 27,000 ears cut off, 144,000 scalp injuries, 2,000 cases of hairspray in the eyes,

several thousand comb wounds,

and one person almost crushed on the ceiling when the hairdressing chair was raised.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

More

53 minutes ago, HH_Sailor said:

Fris.jpg

More

Thought so (I recognized the style), but you do know that "Der Postillon" is a satirical magazine, right?