What made you smile today?

5,385 posts in this topic

“Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.”

Patricia Briggs, Iron Kissed

Women Used Popular Dating App ‘Bumble’ to Capture Evidence of Capitol Rioters, Then Sent It To the FBI

https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-siege/women-used-popular-dating-app-bumble-to-capture-evidence-of-capitol-rioters-then-sent-it-to-the-fbi/

"Never underestimate the evidentiary potential of those looking to get a little lovin’ while they’re mounting an insurrection.

Multiple women used the dating app Bumble following the attack on the U.S. Capitol last week to lure unsuspecting rioters and turn them over to the FBI. Bumble’s tag line, “where women make the first move,” seems perfectly tailored to this particular exercise of ingenuity.
One user tweeted that she knew someone who’d changed set her political preference on Bumble to “conservative,” thus obtaining pictures and videos of rioters inside the Capitol."

Always be careful what you "publish" on the internet.

How many of the Trump supporter are criminal with a low IQ?

White Supremacist Arrested after Ankle Monitor Places Him at Capitol Riots
https://www.newsweek.com/white-supremacist-bryan-betancur-gps-proud-boys-1562364

"A self-confessed white supremacist who openly discussed plotting a school shooting and killing people in a church has been charged with being involved in the attack on the Capitol after his GPS monitor placed him at the scene.

The suspect was arrested after a GPS device he wears as part of his probation following a fourth degree burglary conviction tracked him to being at the Capitol on January 6. The GPS was able to place Betancur in the vicinity of the building from between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m."

Do I understand it correctly, that a supremacist does not necessarily has to have superior intellegence?

Marathon.jpg

Actually I do my sport lying on my back for hours on end & occasionally rocking my feet to & fro.

It can of course be a rough ride & pulling up to 2g.

18 hours ago, HEM said:

Actually I do my sport lying on my back for hours on end & occasionally rocking my feet to & fro.

It can of course be a rough ride & pulling up to 2g.

My wife says her knees hurt after 20 minutes when we do that...

15 minutes ago, HH_Sailor said:

My wife says her knees hurt after 20 minutes when we do that...

Today in "replies that couldn't possibly be misconstrued when taken out of context"

I just looked at my receipt for getting my bike winterised. A fair bit of work:  2 studded tires, new back sprocket and chain, and front and back lights wired into the existing dynamo

bikereceipt.jpeg.7a2cd472e85ed6aaf983d6f

But look at who served me (Myyjä). Totally appropriate when winter is coming

And I didn't even recognise my little bad-ass heroine

Doing a little stock research today and ran across this-

QuantumScape (NYSE:QS) stock doesn’t rise and fall. It gyrates as if it were dancing in a darkly lit nightclub after having a few too many cocktails.