What made you smile today?

5,539 posts in this topic

Got a €6 voucher for a food delivery service which we'd normally never bother with (mostly cook at home, and if not there are scores of decent places to eat in the neighbourhood). But hey - free food!

Ordered and paid via app, all very straightforward. Delivery arrived promptly, but just to make sure added "VH - kleine Tür - 2 Etage" to the delivery note as there is a larger door to the HH at the same number which can be a little confusing. But still got a phone call (in English) to say they couldn't find the name on the bell "are you at the large or the small door?" I asked and yes, they were at the wrong door. Took a little longer getting to the right floor as well. Young twenty something looking a bit perplexed - "did they pass on the note" says I - "yes, but I didn't know what it meant"

I felt a bit sorry for the kid, so gave a tip and a good rating as the delivery was quite quick. But it gave me an insight into how it must be at that age, to be new in a city where you don't speak the language and the only job you can get is delivery. Hey, they'll learn :)

That reminds me. We ordered Indian the other night via Lieferando. Himself managed to place the order twice. He called the restaurant and got it sorted. Later he got an email from Lieferando saying they were sorry and that we weren't charged twice. They also gave us 10% off of our next order.

It wasn't their fault.

First fast-food snackbar of the world discovered in Pompeï. Apparently, they had chicken to go on the menu :).

image.png

28 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

First fast-food snackbar of the world discovered in Pompeï. Apparently, they had chicken to go on the menu :).

image.png

And horse?

2 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Well, you can still buy horse meat at Viktualienmarkt. Nothing special :).

I know. Company holiday until the 11th, starting tomorrow.

As we near the end of this strange year, 10 points to ponder as 2020 draws to a close ....

1. The dumbest thing I ever bought was a 2020 planner.

2. 2019: Stay away from negative people. 2020: Stay away from positive people.

3. The world has turned upside down. Old folks are sneaking out of the house & their kids are yelling at them to stay indoors!

4. This morning I saw a neighbour talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came to my house & told my dogs... We had a good laugh.

5. Every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pyjamas will have you believe all is well in the world.

6. Does anyone know if we can take showers yet or should we just keep washing our hands?

7. I never thought the comment, “I wouldn’t touch him/her with a 6-foot pole” would become a national policy, but here we are!

8. I need to practice social-distancing ...from the refrigerator.

9. I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip out to the bins!

10. Never in a million years could I have imagined I would go into a bank with a mask on and ask for money.